Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nearly had to kick my radio in listening to the Today programme this morning

Nearly had to kick my radio in listening to the Today programme this morning

Tony Blair's damp-eyed, husky-voiced eulogy for the Butcher of Bogside would have made a goat puke. Repulsive pieces of shït both.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Tony Blair's damp-eyed, husky-voiced eulogy for the Butcher of Bogside would have made a goat puke. Repulsive pieces of shït both.

McGuinness did a lot for good, for both sides of the population in the North, in recent times so for that alone I won’t rush to completely dismiss him as many others will. That is not to say he should in any way be portrayed as some kind of saint as he was very clearly not.

The troubles were an unfortunate time in Ireland’s history with no parties involved emerging without blame.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    McGuinness did a lot for good, for both sides of the population in the North, in recent times so for that alone I won’t rush to completely dismiss him as many others will. That is not to say he should in any way be portrayed as some kind of saint as he was very clearly not.

The troubles were an unfortunate time in Ireland’s history with no parties involved emerging without blame.
    Bullshït. He was a torturer and a mass murderer who only came to the table because he knew the IRA was beaten and the Peace Process was the best deal they were going to get.
    Plenty of people lived through the same period in the same place and never murdered anyone. Fück him. I hope his death was as painful as that of his victims.

Bullshït. He was a torturer and a mass murderer who only came to the table because he knew the IRA was beaten and the Peace Process was the best deal they were going to get.
    Plenty of people lived through the same period in the same place and never murdered anyone. Fück him. I hope his death was as painful as that of his victims.
    Fair enough.

The general rush to declare him the next Mandela seems a little lacking in good taste.

His later conversion to dove-wielding peacenik, hardly excuses a career of terrorism. An acknowledgement of same would be nice.

Fair enough.
    Apologies for going off at you like that. Probably best I avoid the media today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The general rush to declare him the next Mandela seems a little lacking in good taste.

His later conversion to dove-wielding peacenik, hardly excuses a career of terrorism. An acknowledgement of same would be nice.
    In the last two-minute segment of the programme, they did briefly try to touch on the fact that he was a terrifying psychopath, but this was soon drowned out by some ghastly hagiographer and curtailed by the end of the programme.

Apologies for going off at you like that. Probably best I avoid the media today.
    Not at all, absolutely no offence was taken.

I can 100% understand a reaction such as yours.

Not at all, absolutely no offence was taken.

I can 100% understand a reaction such as yours.
    I think you are implying that b is some kind of reactionary?

In what sense were the IRA beaten?