Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warchest klaxon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    You could give Wenger a billion to spend and we would still be ****.
    This is a load of old *******s.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/...-should-leave/

Walcott? to stay? Madness I tells yer.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Whilst I appreciate you are being glib here, Pat, there is clearly an element of truth in your message.

No matter how much we spend nor who be buy this summer, when the first match starts and I see Aaron Ramsey in the team, no decent defensive midfielder and we look a shambles at the back, we'll all know how the season will end up.

At that point I expect I will start losing interest, again.
    I mean it though.
    We've been several squads since the invincible squad.

The same issues reoccur. It's not all down to 'not competing' with Chelsea, City etc. We should have easily won the league last year
    and we should be doing a much better job this year and be in a title race. Of course people will always say what about Tottenham? Liverpool, United, City. Not doing great are they? That's not my concern.

We've made big signings now and spent a lot this past summer.
    When the going gets tough he fall apart.

I mean it though.
    We've been several squads since the invincible squad.

The same issues reoccur. It's not all down to 'not competing' with Chelsea, City etc. We should have easily won the league last year
    and we should be doing a much better job this year and be in a title race. Of course people will always say what about Tottenham? Liverpool, United, City. Not doing great are they? That's not my concern.

We've made big signings now and spent a lot this past summer.
    When the going gets tough he fall apart.
    Oh, that's all undeniably true. I just thought your *billion* comment was slightly glib.

I could be convinced, though. If Wenger were to sell, as examples, Ramsey and Walcott this summer I might actually believe he understood what the problem was and that he was willing to address it.

He won't though. I think we all know that.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Oh, that's all undeniably true. I just thought your *billion* comment was slightly glib.

I could be convinced, though. If Wenger were to sell, as examples, Ramsey and Walcott this summer I might actually believe he understood what the problem was and that he was willing to address it.

He won't though. I think we all know that.
    This is one of Wenger's weaknesses, He should be a bit more ruthless with experiments that do not work.
    It's taken longer than 10 years and counting to see Walcott isn't going to be the superstar we all hoped.

Maybe I am being harsh on Wenger but he needs to be a bit more brave. And we have a lot of people on loans that we should just get rid of. Joel Campbell who I liked but if he doesn't see a place for him get rid.

This is one of Wenger's weaknesses...
    it's his biggest weakness imo

his accommodation of players who are either under performing or simply 'not good enough' is extraordinary.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

This is one of Wenger's weaknesses, He should be a bit more ruthless with experiments that do not work.
    It's taken longer than 10 years and counting to see Walcott isn't going to be the superstar we all hoped.

Maybe I am being harsh on Wenger but he needs to be a bit more brave. And we have a lot of people on loans that we should just get rid of. Joel Campbell who I liked but if he doesn't see a place for him get rid.
    I keep telling you, this is the way He wants it. For Him, everything is perfect, except for one or two (or three etc.) football results.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I keep telling you, this is the way He wants it. For Him, everything is perfect, except for one or two (or three etc.) football results.
    But what about our top 4 trophy? will he make it right?

I was thinking we might win a game sooner or later. Though we have no more non league opposition on the fixture list.

You could give Wenger a billion to spend and we would still be ****.
    I think He might win the European Cup with it, but not the Premier League.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

But what about our top 4 trophy? will he make it right?

I was thinking we might win a game sooner or later. Though we have no more non league opposition on the fixture list.
    Doesn't matter, does it. We don't really need the money and qualifying every season but one out of twenty-odd is an excellent record, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    it's his biggest weakness imo

his accommodation of players who are either under performing or simply 'not good enough' is extraordinary.
    It's why we are where we are and he is where he is. It explains pretty much everything.