Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warchest klaxon!!

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    it's his biggest weakness imo

his accommodation of players who are either under performing or simply 'not good enough' is extraordinary.
    The difficult part is that it's only a weakness if you don't win the league. There's dozens of players who aren't good enough who've won it, after all.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The difficult part is that it's only a weakness if you don't win the league.
    pssst! I hate to break this to you, r, but we didn't. and haven't for ages.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

So the huge war-chest is basically the money we should be getting from selling our two star players and a few pennies extra.

Right. But I don't think any of us believed that would happen, did we.

Until it actually *did* happen, I mean.

We've mostly been extremely supportive of Wenger, haven't we, despite His unusual methods.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    pssst! I hate to break this to you, r, but we didn't. and haven't for ages.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Butland and Mbappe would be very good calls imo.

Not that I will care, of course.
    We won't get Mbappe because he'll go to a club that's happy to spend £60m+ on a player. We won't get Butland is De Gea leaves United.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We've mostly been extremely supportive of Wenger, haven't we, despite His unusual methods.
    I think Arsenal supporters have been extremely supportive of the old man and correctly so given the success he brought to the club in his first decade.

What has come to pass now is simply an opportunity for a natural parting of the ways, a time when I think most observers, internal to the club in respect of supporters and sympathetic media and external to the club in respect of general media, seem to think the time is right for Wenger to move on – however he himself appears about to dig his heels in and stay.

Supporters are frustrated at what they see as a lack of progress, indeed many will point to what they see as a decline though perhaps a little early to judge that one, an annual failure to address the same problems within the playing side of the club for which he takes 100% of the blame.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think Arsenal supporters have been extremely supportive of the old man and correctly so given the success he brought to the club in his first decade.

What has come to pass now is simply an opportunity for a natural parting of the ways, a time when I think most observers, internal to the club in respect of supporters and sympathetic media and external to the club in respect of general media, seem to think the time is right for Wenger to move on – however he himself appears about to dig his heels in and stay.

Supporters are frustrated at what they see as a lack of progress, indeed many will point to what they see as a decline though perhaps a little early to judge that one, an annual failure to address the same problems within the playing side of the club for which he takes 100% of the blame.
    I am very much looking forward to the first episode of Arsenal Fan TV after the 2 year extension is announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I am very much looking forward to the first episode of Arsenal Fan TV after the 2 year extension is announced.
    Well if we win whatever game they record after then the mood will be fine.

Once the deal is signed it is utterly futile to stress over.

Well if we win whatever game they record after then the mood will be fine.

Once the deal is signed it is utterly futile to stress over.
    One imagines that it has already been signed. I really hope that they announce it and we succumb 0-2 to Stoke at home.

I see that, but that "blame" is essentially for the very same methods everybody applauded ten years ago. That is, if you allow Him full credit for the Invincibles. Personally, I have always said that side was the vestigial tail of the George Graham era and little to do with proper "Wengerball, which is represented and evidenced by what we've seen since they all went their separate ways.

There's no doubt about it though, He has changed. When He arrived, the question He asked Himself was, Can these players win the title in English football. Whereas now, He asks, Can these players win the title in my team.

Football teams do not progress really, or develop. Either they are right or they are not. Managers just say it to stay in a job as long as possible.