Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: What did we all have for lunch?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You might credit a chap.
    Of course! You're quite right! wd Nigel Slater.





  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course! You're quite right! wd Nigel Slater.




    Charmed, I'm sure :sniff:

    The szechuan pepper was my twist.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, there's a sort of... piazza there, all post-apocalyptic-looking. It was odd to realise that, having lived within 5 miles or so of the place since 1976, I had never set foot there before.
    I know where you mean. When it's empty, you can imagine Alex and his droogs stalking across it prior to performing a bit of ultra violence on you.

    You should have popped into The Lullingstone Castle for a swift half.*


    *N.B. This is a joke. No-one reading this should ever go into The Lullingstone Castle. Should you do so, Burney Enterprises accepts no responsibility for your well-being.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Charmed, I'm sure :sniff:

    The szechuan pepper was my twist.
    I know. And a splendid twist it is. I refined it slightly with the addition of drumsticks and also the business of cooking it for a good long time at a high heat to counteract the liquid produced and create the desired stickiness.

    All in all, though, a splendid recipe.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I know. And a splendid twist it is. I refined it slightly with the addition of drumsticks and also the business of cooking it for a good long time at a high heat to counteract the liquid produced and create the desired stickiness.

    All in all, though, a splendid recipe.
    I haven't done it for ages, actually. I've been all about the buffalo wings recently. Franks Hot Sauce has me under its spell.

    I've ended up with some veal mince needing a home. I don't fancy pasta or cottage pie... can't get my head around veal burgers. I wonder if there's a beef kofta thing going on anywhere.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I haven't done it for ages, actually. I've been all about the buffalo wings recently. Franks Hot Sauce has me under its spell.

    I've ended up with some veal mince needing a home. I don't fancy pasta or cottage pie... can't get my head around veal burgers. I wonder if there's a beef kofta thing going on anywhere.
    Fry it up with onions, garlic and ginger paste, green chilli, a teaspoon each of turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli powder if you haven't got any green chilli in. Add half a cup of water, cover and eat it with flatbread. You will be happy.

    Ideally, you'd do this with lamb, of course, but it'll still be nice.


    I went onto the buffalo wings for a bit, but have gone back. I prefer the lemon and pepper jobs.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fry it up with onions, garlic and ginger paste, green chilli, a teaspoon each of turmeric, coriander, cumin and chilli powder if you haven't got any green chilli in. Add half a cup of water, cover and eat it with flatbread. You will be happy.

    Ideally, you'd do this with lamb, of course, but it'll still be nice.


    I went onto the buffalo wings for a bit, but have gone back. I prefer the lemon and pepper jobs.
    Will do something like that.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Will do something like that.
    You might want to up the chilli a bit.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You might want to up the chilli a bit.
    I've got some bird's eyes keen to be used up.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've got some bird's eyes keen to be used up.
    Yeah, that came across a bit Ed Gein-y.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •