Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Wenger being selfish?

Is Wenger being selfish?

I think his whole contract scenario is the main cause of what we are seeing on the pitch.

He should have either made a choice or clearly say the decision will be made at the end of the season end of.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I think his whole contract scenario is the main cause of what we are seeing on the pitch.

He should have either made a choice or clearly say the decision will be made at the end of the season end of.
    No, He is being strictly professional.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No, He is being strictly professional.
    Well it seems to be interfering with his job
    as he's not doing his football manger job very well.

Well it seems to be interfering with his job
    as he's not doing his football manger job very well.
    That's exactly it. His job is to manage the club and team, not to guarantee or underwrite victory.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's exactly it. His job is to manage the club and team, not to guarantee or underwrite victory.
    What an amazing job. and if they sack you they pay to the remainder of a contract.

we should all have contracts like that.

I suspect he has made his choice and further that the board know of his decision.

The rest is simply PR however while results continue to be unsatisfactory the release of the statement becomes more troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I suspect he has made his choice and further that the board know of his decision.

The rest is simply PR however while results continue to be unsatisfactory the release of the statement becomes more troublesome.
    When is season ticket renewal time?

When is season ticket renewal time?
    May/June however his contract will make not a jot of difference in this respect.

A lot of ST holders have been attending Arsenal matches before Wenger came to the club and will continue to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

For the sake of clarity - you are insinuating that you believe that He will stay but they cannot announce it when we lose every game? Or you think He will leave but announcing it now would make it seem like a knee-jerk reaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    For the sake of clarity - you are insinuating that you believe that He will stay but they cannot announce it when we lose every game? Or you think He will leave but announcing it now would make it seem like a knee-jerk reaction?
    The former. Around twenty years in the job discounts the knee-jerk argument, imo; He's seen plenty of difficult times before.