Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did we all have for lunch?

What did we all have for lunch?

Home-made lamb keema aloo tikki for me. Delicious, if I do say so myself.

I also had a piece of Grasmere gingerbread that someone bought in. I normally couldn't give a shït about gingerbread, but this stuff is different gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

I also had a piece of Grasmere gingerbread that someone bought in. I normally couldn't give a shït about gingerbread, but this stuff is different gravy.
    6 frankfurters. I am ashamed of what I ate this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    6 frankfurters. I am ashamed of what I ate this weekend.
    If I'd just eaten 6 frankfurters I think I'd be pretty ashamed, too.

Have you considered cooking chicken legs or wings the night before and taking them cold to work? They're nice and eating them doesn't make you look quite so homeless.

If I'd just eaten 6 frankfurters I think I'd be pretty ashamed, too.

Have you considered cooking chicken legs or wings the night before and taking them cold to work? They're nice and eating them doesn't make you look quite so homeless.
    I hide down some alley way to eat them. It's me scoffing some frankfurters and the weird man in a suit with a cane who polishes off a couple of bottles of beer.

I will start bringing my own food from now on to save some monies.

Yesterday I was eating Sandwhich filler

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I hide down some alley way to eat them. It's me scoffing some frankfurters and the weird man in a suit with a cane who polishes off a couple of bottles of beer.

I will start bringing my own food from now on to save some monies.

Yesterday I was eating Sandwhich filler
    Right. Here's a recipe for you. I make it all the time. It's delicious warm, but the results are still nice cold when taken to work. And not a carb in sight.

8 Chicken drumsticks with slashes in them for marinating
    10 chicken wings (jointed or unjointed - I prefer to joint them and discard the wing tips)
    1.5 tbsp rock salt
    1 tbsp black peppercorns
    1 tbsp Szechuan peppercorns
    Juice of one large lemon or 2 small ones

Method
    Using a pestle and mortar, grind the salt and peppers up as fine as you can (otherwise you can find yourself chewing through lumps of peppercorn, which isn't much fun). Once this has been done, use the rub to sprinkle over the chicken in a large dish, making sure all the bits get some of the coating. Then transfer the coated chicken into a large, sealable and water-tight plastic bag, along with the lemon juice and the halves of the juiced lemon(s). Marinate for as long as you can, but an hour or so will do.
    Transfer the chicken to a roasting tray that can accommodate all the pieces without overlapping. Place into a hot oven (200-220 degrees C or gas mark 6).
    Roasting the chicken takes around an hour all told, but keep an eye on it. The chicken and the marinade will mean a lot of water will be released and the chicken may take a while to start browning, but this is fine. That liquid will cook down to make a sticky goo that is what you want. When the top of the chicken is browned, turn each piece over to ensure that both sides are crispy and get a coating of the goo from the roasting tray. When cooked, the chicken should almost be falling off the bone.

Sausage sandwich, which sounds dull, but the sausages were quite pink in the middle, leading me to suspect that I had undercooked them, so there's potential for excitement yet to come.

French market in Swanley yesterday. I scored a quite remarkable Tomme de Savoie, a deliciously creamy Vignotte and a Munster of such odiferousness that I was almost gagging whilst eating it.

Right. Here's a recipe for you. I make it all the time. It's delicious warm, but the results are still nice cold when taken to work. And not a carb in sight.

10 chicken wings (jointed or unjointed - I prefer to joint them and discard the wing tips)
    1.5 tbsp rock salt
    1 tbsp black peppercorns

Method
    Using a pestle and mortar, grind the salt and peppers up as fine as you can (otherwise you can find yourself chewing through lumps of peppercorn, which isn't much fun). Once this has been done, use the rub to sprinkle over the chicken in a large dish, making sure all the bits get some of the coating. Then transfer the coated chicken into a large, sealable and water-tight plastic bag, along with the lemon juice and the halves of the juiced lemon(s). Marinate for as long as you can, but an hour or so will do.
    Transfer the chicken to a roasting tray that can accommodate all the pieces without overlapping. Place into a hot oven (200-220 degrees C or gas mark 6).
    Roasting the chicken takes around an hour all told, but keep an eye on it. The chicken and the marinade will mean a lot of water will be released and the chicken may take a while to start browning, but this is fine. That liquid will cook down to make a sticky goo that is what you want. When the top of the chicken is browned, turn each piece over to ensure that both sides are crispy and get a coating of the goo from the roasting tray. When cooked, the chicken should almost be falling off the bone.
    thanks Burney.

I will give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sausage sandwich, which sounds dull, but the sausages were quite pink in the middle, leading me to suspect that I had undercooked them, so there's potential for excitement yet to come.

French market in Swanley yesterday. I scored a quite remarkable Tomme de Savoie, a deliciously creamy Vignotte and a Munster of such odiferousness that I was almost gagging whilst eating it.
    I love a good Munster. An underrated cheese.

Mind you, Swanley? Where? Outside the big Asda?

1.5 tbsp rock salt
    1 tbsp black peppercorns

Method
    You might credit a chap.

I love a good Munster. An underrated cheese.

Mind you, Swanley? Where? Outside the big Asda?
    Yes, there's a sort of... piazza there, all post-apocalyptic-looking. It was odd to realise that, having lived within 5 miles or so of the place since 1976, I had never set foot there before.