Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now, I'm the first to applaud Chuck Berry's contribution to Rock and Roll, but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now, I'm the first to applaud Chuck Berry's contribution to Rock and Roll, but

I can't help but feel that the fulsome tributes over the weekend did rather gloss over his conviction for taking a 14 year-old girl over a state line for sex and him putting cameras in the ladies' lavatories of his restaurant and filming over 200 women.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I can't help but feel that the fulsome tributes over the weekend did rather gloss over his conviction for taking a 14 year-old girl over a state line for sex and him putting cameras in the ladies' lavatories of his restaurant and filming over 200 women.
    Yes, but you're dangerously obsessed with all that sort of thing, aren't you.

He was a good man, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, but you're dangerously obsessed with all that sort of thing, aren't you.

He was a good man, imo.
    Not as obsessed as he was, by all accounts.

Not as obsessed as he was, by all accounts.
    Different matter entirely if one is actually "in the moment", ain't it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Yes, when the glw told me he'd died I noted that he was a fine musician but an enthusiastic sex criminal; she assured me that I was mistaken and that I was thinking of Jerry Lee Lewis.

It would appear that Jerry is tainted for eternity for one small indiscretion by that Chuck gets a free pass for a lifetime of deviancy. Political correctness, one assumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, when the glw told me he'd died I noted that he was a fine musician but an enthusiastic sex criminal; she assured me that I was mistaken and that I was thinking of Jerry Lee Lewis.

It would appear that Jerry is tainted for eternity for one small indiscretion by that Chuck gets a free pass for a lifetime of deviancy. Political correctness, one assumes.
    Yes. At least Jerry Lee married the 13 year-old cousin before knobbing her. Honourable, y'see? Not like Berry, who was a foul deviant.

I'm led to believe there is also a video of him urinating on a blonde prostitute and then farting volcanically.

There's no reason a rock n roll legend can't be a horrible human being, I suppose. RIP Chuck, no matter how much of a c*nt you were.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I'm led to believe there is also a video of him urinating on a blonde prostitute and then farting volcanically.

There's no reason a rock n roll legend can't be a horrible human being, I suppose. RIP Chuck, no matter how much of a c*nt you were.
    One wonders what part of this story you find most objectionable; the urinating, the blondeness, or the fart?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One wonders what part of this story you find most objectionable; the urinating, the blondeness, or the fart?
    The fart does seem to be overegging the pudding somewhat to me. I mean one assumes the lady had agreed a price for everything else, but the fart I'm guessing was extra.

The fart does seem to be overegging the pudding somewhat to me. I mean one assumes the lady had agreed a price for everything else, but the fart I'm guessing was extra.
    I find it hard to condemn a chap on the basis of a guess, though. The fart may have been entirely consensual.

Is he not entitled to be considered innocent until proven guilty?