Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I was happy about those banners being flown.

I was happy about those banners being flown.

Useful income for a flying club at the end of winter when money is at its tightest. It's also great fun flying a banner; the pickup is awfully fun, with just enough of a tinge of danger to make it exciting. It's an odd feeling when the banner lifts and the aircraft feels as though you've slammed the brakes on.

Anyway, wd muggy banner blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Useful income for a flying club at the end of winter when money is at its tightest. It's also great fun flying a banner; the pickup is awfully fun, with just enough of a tinge of danger to make it exciting. It's an odd feeling when the banner lifts and the aircraft feels as though you've slammed the brakes on.

I was hoping they might start dogfighting.

Useful income for you at the end of Winter when your mum is at her tightest, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was hoping they might start dogfighting.
    I didn't see the aircraft in question, but usually you'd be using something like a Super Cub for banner towing. Flat out at 90 mph and not a great deal in the way of usable ailerons, really.

In short, it souldn't be much of a dogfight.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Useful income for you at the end of Winter when your mum is at her tightest, imo.
    Oh, well played r! Nicely slotted. As it were.

Oh, well played r! Nicely slotted. As it were.
    Not the convincing finish I was looking for really, sort of bundled it over the line. They all count though, of course.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."