Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whilst it seemed all doom and gloom a quick look at the league table

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've always been amazed and grateful that we had a proud unbroken record in the top division and that occasionally we put together a team that could compete at the top of the league. You seem to be suggesting that if we're not at the absolute top of the pile, it's unacceptable.

I forgive you feeling entitled, that's a natural consequence of your unfortunate political leanings; no doubt you were brainwashed by some appalling Marxist teacher as a child and can't be held responsible. But I can't forgive the spoilt whining so easily.
    Must you always be such an anus?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've always been amazed and grateful that we had a proud unbroken record in the top division and that occasionally we put together a team that could compete at the top of the league. You seem to be suggesting that if we're not at the absolute top of the pile, it's unacceptable.

I forgive you feeling entitled, that's a natural consequence of your unfortunate political leanings; no doubt you were brainwashed by some appalling Marxist teacher as a child and can't be held responsible. But I can't forgive the spoilt whining so easily.
    So are people who support Arsenal allowed to offer criticisms of the manager and the team and the club generally? Where would you draw the line between offering an opinion, exchanging ideas, engaging in qualitative analysis about something you care for and find interesting, and spoilt whining due to a sense of entitlement?

And wouldn't it be boring if everyone thought like Monty and just nodded dumbly every time the club or manager did something? Isn't having a view part of the fun?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    So are people who support Arsenal allowed to offer criticisms of the manager and the team and the club generally? Where would you draw the line between offering an opinion, exchanging ideas, engaging in qualitative analysis about something you care for and find interesting, and spoilt whining due to a sense of entitlement?

And wouldn't it be boring if everyone thought like Monty and just nodded dumbly every time the club or manager did something? Isn't having a view part of the fun?
    It's a subjective judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    and be beaten by a better team rather than by ourselves.
    I've decided that almost every other team you can think of is actually "a better team than ourselves" because they all seem to lack the ability to consistently "fall over like a pack of cards".

I think Wenger's done it on purpose, unconscious of the consequences.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."