Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whilst it seemed all doom and gloom a quick look at the league table

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its true. We cant even blame the money anymore.

It must be Ramsey's fault.
    I blame Almunia

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What a lot of old bóllocks.

Fans of 85 professional clubs would give an arm to be as 'boring' as we are. You're not interested in supporting the club, you're interested in the reflected glory that you think a title brings, and until you get one you're going to sulk.
    This has become familiar at Arsenal. Notice how we like to benchmark against the teams/clubs that are worse than us?

The problem, as ever, is the four clubs who wouldn't swap places with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I blame Almunia
    We would have won the Champions League if it hadn't been for that **** (and Henry)

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Anyway, didn't you admit you couldn't be bothered to go and support the team anymore yourself nowadays?
    Well, I gave up my season ticket because I couldn't cope with sitting amongst these fúcking morons any longer, yes. The fact that I happily stood on the North Bank for years and years with never a sniff of success suggests that I didn't share this attitude of entitlement.

And anyway, chaps in their 50s shouldn't really be going to football matches any more. It's a question of dignity.

This has become familiar at Arsenal. Notice how we like to benchmark against the teams/clubs that are worse than us?

The problem, as ever, is the four clubs who wouldn't swap places with us.
    I've always been amazed and grateful that we had a proud unbroken record in the top division and that occasionally we put together a team that could compete at the top of the league. You seem to be suggesting that if we're not at the absolute top of the pile, it's unacceptable.

I forgive you feeling entitled, that's a natural consequence of your unfortunate political leanings; no doubt you were brainwashed by some appalling Marxist teacher as a child and can't be held responsible. But I can't forgive the spoilt whining so easily.

We would have won the Champions League if it hadn't been for that **** (and Henry)
    It was that crazy German's fault, imo. Tony C called it before the match.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Well, I gave up my season ticket because I couldn't cope with sitting amongst these fúcking morons any longer, yes. The fact that I happily stood on the North Bank for years and years with never a sniff of success suggests that I didn't share this attitude of entitlement.

And anyway, chaps in their 50s shouldn't really be going to football matches any more. It's a question of dignity.
    I mostly agree with that but it's really only about supporting the team, ain't it. Having a good old moan does not preclude one supporting the team.

What the club actually wants though is our money; our goodwill is an optional extra.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I've always been amazed and grateful that we had a proud unbroken record in the top division and that occasionally we put together a team that could compete at the top of the league. You seem to be suggesting that if we're not at the absolute top of the pile, it's unacceptable.

I forgive you feeling entitled, that's a natural consequence of your unfortunate political leanings; no doubt you were brainwashed by some appalling Marxist teacher as a child and can't be held responsible. But I can't forgive the spoilt whining so easily.
    But should we be happy with simply staying as we have been for the last 10 years or so? Should we not look to emulate the likes of Spurs, Liverpool and this season Chelsea who have looked to better themselves?

We are told that we have the money to compete with the Bayerns and Real Madrids (of course, this a lie fed to us by the board) and yet we don't show any signs of being willing to do this.

We appear to be quite predictable to play against and I'm not convinced of Arsene's appetite for managing born winners/superstars such as Alexis.

I am not bored of being in the top four. I am only bored when we fall over like a pack of cards, You can't win it every year but we should challenge for it every year and be beaten by a better team rather than by ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I am not bored of being in the top four. I am only bored when we fall over like a pack of cards, You can't win it every year but we should challenge for it every year and be beaten by a better team rather than by ourselves.
    Post of the day, m