Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whilst it seemed all doom and gloom a quick look at the league table

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Just for the record - we have finished fourth 3 times in the last seven season. You are bored of finishing in a place we finish in less than 50 per cent of the time
    "I'm bored with my football team because we don't win the league."

And they say our supporters are spoilt, entitled brats!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I believe that 'fourth' is Arsenalfanese for 'second, third or fourth'.
    You are, of course, quite correct. 2nd/3rd/4th really all feel the same when it's what happens every single year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "I'm bored with my football team because we don't win the league."

And they say our supporters are spoilt, entitled brats!
    It's not that, I wouldn't mind if we fought until the bitter end. But we're so mentally feeble that we give up half way through the season and then surge back to 3rd when the pressure is off. And then we're supposed to celebrate that as a victory? Fair enough if it was a one off and we usually finished 6th. But it's the same every year and we make no effort to improve on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It's not that, I wouldn't mind if we fought until the bitter end. But we're so mentally feeble that we give up half way through the season and then surge back to 3rd when the pressure is off. And then we're supposed to celebrate that as a victory? Fair enough if it was a one off and we usually finished 6th. But it's the same every year and we make no effort to improve on it.
    Three of our biggest signings of all time came last summer. The other two are our 2 world-class players - that is is some effort surely

(though I do appreciate where you are coming from on this)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What a lot of old bóllocks.

Fans of 85 professional clubs would give an arm to be as 'boring' as we are. You're not interested in supporting the club, you're interested in the reflected glory that you think a title brings, and until you get one you're going to sulk.

10 characters? Pile of cund.

Oh, come, gentlemen. Let us not bicker amonst ourselves.

Anyway, didn't you admit you couldn't be bothered to go and support the team anymore yourself nowadays?

Fans of 85 professional clubs would give an arm to be as 'boring' as we are. You're not interested in supporting the club, you're interested in the reflected glory that you think a title brings, and until you get one you're going to sulk.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    shows that it's not so bad.

Whilst we may have been poor. we can't be crap all the time.

with one game hand on spurs if we win that we are only 3 points behind them. As wonderful as we told they are they only have the same points as City who are a bit crap apparently.

win both of our games in hand and we are above Liverpool.

We'll finish 3rd and win the Fa cup.
    There are a few games left that are a concern. Away to Spurs, Stoke, Southampton. Home to United and City. I don't see many wins from those five.

Away to West Brom isn't going to be easy.

In other words, we are going to have to improve quickly if we want to finish in the top four.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I believe that 'fourth' is Arsenalfanese for 'second, third or fourth'.
    Oh - I know that, but I am a stickler for accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Three of our biggest signings of all time came last summer. The other two are our 2 world-class players - that is is some effort surely

(though I do appreciate where you are coming from on this)
    Its true. We cant even blame the money anymore.

It must be Ramsey's fault.