Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whilst it seemed all doom and gloom a quick look at the league table

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I looked at it the other day and thought the opposite. Didn't realise we were 5 points behind Liverpool. Rather have the points on the board at this stage. Having said that i'm close to being past the point of caring. It seems more and more likely he'll be manager next year and i can't be bothered with it anymore.
    This. It's just so dull with Wenger in charge. I am bored of 4th place. We can't compete for the best players so I'm just going to wait until the manager changes until I get excited again.

The thought of beating Spurs in the FA Cup final excites me a great deal, though.

Fortunately I have AFCB to support as well. One thing you cannot accuse them of is being predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    This. It's just so dull with Wenger in charge. I am bored of 4th place. We can't compete for the best players so I'm just going to wait until the manager changes until I get excited again.

The thought of beating Spurs in the FA Cup final excites me a great deal, though.

Fortunately I have AFCB to support as well. One thing you cannot accuse them of is being predictable.
    Just for the record - we have finished fourth 3 times in the last seven season. You are bored of finishing in a place we finish in less than 50 per cent of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Just for the record - we have finished fourth 3 times in the last seven season. You are bored of finishing in a place we finish in less than 50 per cent of the time
    I believe that 'fourth' is Arsenalfanese for 'second, third or fourth'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You are, of course, quite correct. 2nd/3rd/4th really all feel the same when it's what happens every single year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Oh - I know that, but I am a stickler for accuracy

"I'm bored with my football team because we don't win the league."

And they say our supporters are spoilt, entitled brats!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "I'm bored with my football team because we don't win the league."

And they say our supporters are spoilt, entitled brats!
    It's not that, I wouldn't mind if we fought until the bitter end. But we're so mentally feeble that we give up half way through the season and then surge back to 3rd when the pressure is off. And then we're supposed to celebrate that as a victory? Fair enough if it was a one off and we usually finished 6th. But it's the same every year and we make no effort to improve on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    It's not that, I wouldn't mind if we fought until the bitter end. But we're so mentally feeble that we give up half way through the season and then surge back to 3rd when the pressure is off. And then we're supposed to celebrate that as a victory? Fair enough if it was a one off and we usually finished 6th. But it's the same every year and we make no effort to improve on it.
    Three of our biggest signings of all time came last summer. The other two are our 2 world-class players - that is is some effort surely

(though I do appreciate where you are coming from on this)

Three of our biggest signings of all time came last summer. The other two are our 2 world-class players - that is is some effort surely

(though I do appreciate where you are coming from on this)
    Its true. We cant even blame the money anymore.

It must be Ramsey's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its true. We cant even blame the money anymore.

It must be Ramsey's fault.
    I blame Almunia