Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lá Fheile Phadraig

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What? Phadraig?
    Yes. My father named him after a schoolboy chum of his.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

I've never had a neighbour whose very existence didn't anger me. It could be the Dalai Lama and I wouldn't want the cvnt living next door.
    I very nearly punched a neighbour once. As we stood on my front door step I kept beckoning him inside, secure in the knowledge that I could deck him without fear of prosecution as he was attacking me on my property, but the **** wouldn't enter. I did, however, tell him that I would fúck him and his missus, which went down well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Of course you don't like them! The only reason you'd like them would be if they had a few quid, in which case, of course, they'd be 'big people' and worthy of respect.

I know all this shít.
    I don’t like them as mainly they are ****s and I believe at least 50% of them do look down on me.

This may be due to either a) when we first moved in I passed out on the sitting room floor and he had to go up a ladder to try and let himself in as he thought I may be dead or b) another night when I came home and he was entertaining in the back garden / patio so I took the hose to them over the wall.

We do chat sometimes – football mainly. He supports Dundalk.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes. My father named him after a schoolboy chum of his.
    So the poor chap has had to grow up with no bugger being able to spell or pronounce his name?

Poor(drigg) show by your aged p there imo.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I don’t like them as mainly they are ****s and I believe at least 50% of them do look down on me.

This may be due to either a) when we first moved in I passed out on the sitting room floor and he had to go up a ladder to try and let himself in as he thought I may be dead or b) another night when I came home and he was entertaining in the back garden / patio so I took the hose to them over the wall.

You passed out on the sitting room floor?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

What was he doing looking through your sitting room window? Pervert ****.

Him, not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I shall recall, as I do every year, the night of the FA Cup QF v West Ham and the moment Dennis elbowed his man in the face.
    The moment he "became" Dennis Bergkamp, imo.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I very nearly punched a neighbour once. As we stood on my front door step I kept beckoning him inside, secure in the knowledge that I could deck him without fear of prosecution as he was attacking me on my property, but the **** wouldn't enter. I did, however, tell him that I would fúck him and his missus, which went down well.
    What I want from neighbours is complete silence and invisibility. Is that so much to ask?

Actually, one of my neighbours is OK. She's a crazy old lady whose lawn I cut. The signal that she feels the grass is getting a bit long is that she goes out and starts cutting it with scissors, at which point I have to step in and mow it for her.

What I want from neighbours is complete silence and invisibility. Is that so much to ask?

Actually, one of my neighbours is OK. She's a crazy old lady whose lawn I cut. The signal that she feels the grass is getting a bit long is that she goes out and starts cutting it with scissors, at which point I have to step in and mow it for her.
    Is she lonely? You want to be worming your way into her affections. Think of the will, for Christ's sake.

You passed out on the sitting room floor?
    Yes, not my best moment on reflection. Had only moved in a few weeks and had kept a low profile until this point.

The Mrs had gone out for the day and by the time she got back whatever way I had locked up had denied her entry but clearly I could be seen through the window.