Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: That Wilders chap didn't win then. I see it's being claimed as a victory for

That Wilders chap didn't win then. I see it's being claimed as a victory for

liberalism, but still quite remarkable that they've (PVV) gone from nothing to the second biggest party in the space of 11 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    liberalism, but still quite remarkable that they've (PVV) gone from nothing to the second biggest party in the space of 11 years.
    Yes, and few reports are making anything of the fact that Rutte lost seats and Wilders gained.

Yes. In fact, he increased his vote by 33%, while Rutte held on by adopting a hardline position against Turks. Meanwhile, the centre left continues its disappearance from sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. In fact, he increased his vote by 33%, while Rutte held on by adopting a hardline position against Turks. Meanwhile, the centre left continues its disappearance from sight.
    I like how it's being used as a stick to beat brexiters with. It's reported as though it's almost a given anyone who voted for brexit is a Wilders supporter, or anyone who didn't vote for Wilders is pro EU. ****s. Him not winning is the main story rather than the continued rise of the "far right". It's baffling that they still fail to acknowledge this.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 03-16-2017 at 09:53 AM.

I like how it's being used as a stick to beat brexiters with. It's reported as though it's almost a given anyone who voted for brexit is a Wilders supporter, or anyone who didn't vote for Wilders is pro EU. ****s. Him not winning is the main story rather than the continued rise of the "far right". It's baffling that they still fail to acknowledge this.
    Yes, they're not merely clutching at straws, but crowing about doing so, which is odd.

I do love these increasingly common threads on awimb in which people making swingeing generalisations criticise others for making swingeing generalisations

Wilders has increased his vote and won the argument. People's frustration will increase unless Rutte matches his campaign rhetoric with actions and Wilders party will gain even further next time round.