Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm know as quite the prolific Awimb poster on here

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, you're the same in the second respect.
    True, but the same could be applied to you, of course. It's what keeps us coming back to AWIMB. But both of us are capable of reading a post, understanding the point the person is making and coming up with a relevant, pertinent and logical reply.

Jorge WCHE, much like Ian Harvey, was just a sounding board of left wing rhetoric who was incapable of actually *understanding* the issue.

Perhaps it was my frustration with his stupidity that made me want to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes. This. Just this.
    I always put that down to him having been an only child (I think he was). They tend to be that way; they've never knowingly lost an argument or ever had to concede a point or even re-think a stance in their lives.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

True, but the same could be applied to you, of course. It's what keeps us coming back to AWIMB. But both of us are capable of reading a post, understanding the point the person is making and coming up with a relevant, pertinent and logical reply.

Jorge WCHE, much like Ian Harvey, was just a sounding board of left wing rhetoric who was incapable of actually *understanding* the issue.

Perhaps it was my frustration with his stupidity that made me want to kill him.
    j could be good fun, but yes, he could be a mixture of superficial, glib and dogmatic that could almost have been calculated to infuriate.

Mind you, we're none of here because we're always keen to see the other fella's point of view, are we?

j could be good fun, but yes, he could be a mixture of superficial, glib and dogmatic that could almost have been calculated to infuriate.

Mind you, we're none of here because we're always keen to see the other fella's point of view, are we?
    I am. Even if only to demonstrate how superficial, glib and dogmatic you all are
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Well yes, but the least he could have done was to stay on point and reply with a relevant and logical answer instead of the superfluous nonsense he so routinely came up with.

I believe you used to call it whataboutery. Corner Jorge quickly and logically and before you could blink an eye you would have a whataboutery reply.

Still, he's gone now, so time to move on. And I'm not the type to dwell on the past. Oh no, not at all.

Well yes, but the least he could have done was to stay on point and reply with a relevant and logical answer instead of the superfluous nonsense he so routinely came up with.

I believe you used to call it whataboutery. Corner Jorge quickly and logically and before you could blink an eye you would have a whataboutery reply.

Still, he's gone now, so time to move on. And I'm not the type to dwell on the past. Oh no, not at all.
    Yes. He did struggle to grasp that pointing to a similar-ish case of wrongdoing by the other side does not substantively alter the fact of or lessen the wrongness of the wrongdoing of your side.

Yes. He did struggle to grasp that pointing to a similar-ish case of wrongdoing by the other side does not substantively alter the fact of or lessen the wrongness of the wrongdoing of your side.
    Well, it *does* really but it just makes remaining "on topic" a bit of a chore.

If one side gets cards for all their fouls while the other side gets no punishment for the same things that is what we call bad refereeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If one side gets cards for all their fouls while the other side gets no punishment for the same things that is what we call bad refereeing.
    Right. As silly as it sounds, the proper time to complain about bad officiating is after you've won, rather than after you've lost.

That way, you appear magnanimous, statesman-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That's as maybe, but the fact that someone may or may not have jumped in two-footed and got away with it is not an excuse for doing it yourself.