Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Now if I was really that bothered about doping in football, it wouldn't be Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Who's the longest in the shower?
    No need to ask nowadays, imo. Practically all of them would appear to be somewhat light on their feet.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Small margins though, as you are fond of saying. That team would've still won the league at a canter *despite* losing Eduardo.
    Which team? The one that crumbled in '99?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    No need to ask nowadays, imo. Practically all of them would appear to be somewhat light on their feet.
    doesn't Giroud have respectable entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course they weren't perfect. However, I still suspect they were still the best we're ever likely to see.
    I suspect that until football evolves again, you won't see any team that looks as good as they did. It was the mixture of pace, power and technique that made them exciting; the game is currently so mired in tactics, there's little room for exciting expansiveness.

Of course they weren't perfect. However, I still suspect they were still the best we're ever likely to see.
    BruceForsyth+ probably thought that of the team including James, Drake, Bastin and Hulme though

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I suspect that until football evolves again, you won't see any team that looks as good as they did. It was the mixture of pace, power and technique that made them exciting; the game is currently so mired in tactics, there's little room for exciting expansiveness.
    Yes, the game was a rather more open thing back then, of course.

I'm just feeling rather melancholy about it. We have heard the chimes at midnight, sort of thing.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-15-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Which team? The one that crumbled in '99?
    Yes, either of them. The point I'm failing miserably (as ever) to make is that if you lose the way *they* lost, you've always got a chance, whereas if you crumble the way the current lot crumbles, you've got absolutely no chance.

I don't have a particular problem with it either way, except to say that the current lot's issues are not the ones I would choose to have, as Wenger has evidently done.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Your mum was a rather more open thing back then too.

Yes, the game was a rather more open thing back then, of course.

I'm just feeling rather melancholy about it. We have heard the chimes at midnight, sort of thing.

In fairness, however it shall end, Wenger has had a brilliant run and everyone (including His rivals!) is extremely proud of Him really.

Just imagine if He'd left us in 2008