Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now if I was really that bothered about doping in football, it wouldn't be Barca

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I watched him quite closely the other night, convinced that I must be missing something, because every time I see him he looks ineffectual.

He was, how can I put this technically? Mince. Utter, utter mince.

Wa, indeed, gwan?
    It could just be the nature of Italian football. Also why their players don't travel particularly well (obviously the Pog isn't actually one of theirs). In England, ordinarily we'd tell him to never take more than three touches, if possible, and forbid him from shooting; Supporters' Player of the Year, easy. If there's no decent forwards about anyway.

Wasn't it your chap who said, the Italians can't beat you but you can easily lose to them. Most insightful and suggestive, I reckon.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

But he was everything that's wonderful at Juve.

Perhaps next season he'll turn into Vieira.
    Do you remember when Vieira would sometimes just gallop through the midfield in that ridiculously exciting way?

Fück I miss that team. We really are never going to see better, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you remember when Vieira would sometimes just gallop through the midfield in that ridiculously exciting way?

like a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    like a horse.
    Yes, but not like Luzhny. He was shïte.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

No. They were an exciting spectacle indeed.

Not, however, infallible. We shouldn't fall into the trap of believeing everything was perfect.

Adams and Dixon allowing Giggs to run through them in '99. Adams looking like a donkey as Owen skinned him in the cup final. Bergkamp missing that penalty. They were great, but the difference between them and the team that could have won the league the year Eduardo got smashed was minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    like a horse.
    We've all heard the stories, P
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Played next to Pirlo and Vidal at Juve. He's not good enough to carry an average midfield by himself. Waste of money.
    He must have done more than just Prilo's running, surely? I mean, he could actually pass a ball, couldn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We've all heard the stories, P
    Who's the longest in the shower?

bet they don't even ask that now. they probably ask who's got the biggest selfie stick.

Not, however, infallible. We shouldn't fall into the trap of believeing everything was perfect.

Adams and Dixon allowing Giggs to run through them in '99. Adams looking like a donkey as Owen skinned him in the cup final. Bergkamp missing that penalty. They were great, but the difference between them and the team that could have won the league the year Eduardo got smashed was minimal.
    Small margins though, as you are fond of saying. That team would've still won the league at a canter *despite* losing Eduardo.

Of course they weren't perfect. However, I still suspect they were still the best we're ever likely to see.