Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lukaku leaving Everton

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Isn't his buy-out clause something ridicules? Or did I imagine that.
    No, the issue of a release clause is reported as one of the main issues why he now won't sign a new contract that a week or two he was reported as being on the verge of signing.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    He's an odd one, seen him many times and when he fancies it, he can be outstanding, other days he just doesn't seem bothered.
    Token "seems like a perfect player for us" comment.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No, the issue of a release clause is reported as one of the main issues why he now won't sign a new contract that a week or two he was reported as being on the verge of signing.
    That answers my question too, cheers.

Still, it would be nice to have our most expensive signing be an actual centre forward for a change, wouldn't it
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

Still, it would be nice to have our most expensive signing be an actual centre forward for a change, wouldn't it
    Supermac not the ex-awimber, RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Supermac not the ex-awimber, RIP.
    Even if you don't win the league, there's a kind of moral victory you can enjoy and take pride in, a feeling of having done the thing the right way.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

I assume it is Mezut at the moment which I think is fair enough given his mercurial ability.

Sanchez was a brilliant but somewhat fortuitous signing in that from memory we were only challenged by Liverpool for his signing. His stock has undoubtedly risen with us so most big clubs would I assume like him now. That is not to say we will get silly billy money such as some figures I have seen bandied about.

Lukaku is arguably as good a punt as there is out there at the moment, as good as any in the Prem while playing for a lesser team, put him in a very good team surrounded by better players and the development curve should rise, as such.

Not wishing to be told off in any way but part of me thinks he may set his sights somewhat higher than us all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I assume it is Mezut at the moment which I think is fair enough given his mercurial ability.

Sanchez was a brilliant but somewhat fortuitous signing in that from memory we were only challenged by Liverpool for his signing. His stock has undoubtedly risen with us so most big clubs would I assume like him now. That is not to say we will get silly billy money such as some figures I have seen bandied about.

Lukaku is arguably as good a punt as there is out there at the moment, as good as any in the Prem while playing for a lesser team, put him in a very good team surrounded by better players and the development curve should rise, as such.

Not wishing to be told off in any way but part of me thinks he may set his sights somewhat higher than us all the same.
    Mesut is a cautionary example actually; he looks (looked) better playing for Germany (or Real Madrid) than he does playing for us. So just as the old adage states that good players play better with better players, it can also be true that good players can look less good playing with worse ones.

Basically, if you want to see the best of Mesut, sign Ronaldo.

Anyway, *why* does he want to leave? Seems a very good fit and Everton are on the up, aren't they.
    Never going to be a regular top 4 side though

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Never going to be a regular top 4 side though
    Fair enough. But who *is* guaranteed that in today's Premier League. And don't they at least have plenty of money now?

Fair enough. But who *is* guaranteed that in today's Premier League. And don't they at least have plenty of money now?
    There are no guarantees but there are 5 sides that over a 4 year contract you'd at least expect to get 2 goes at it with. I'm not including spurs in that as I expect them to fall away for 2 reasons. 1. New stadium 2. It's spurs

Everton may have money but until the new stadium is built there are a lot of better stadia around to play your footy in week in, week out......and even with the new stadium, it's still Liverpool