Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: European Court rules employers can ban Islamic headscarves at work

European Court rules employers can ban Islamic headscarves at work

Wrong, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Wrong, imo.
    I always like the look when a lady is wearing one. but all glammed up with make up and wearing heels.
    I thought it was something to do with modesty.

Wrong, imo.
    You don't think employers should be allowed to enforce a dress code?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You don't think employers should be allowed to enforce a dress code?
    It's slowly going though.

I used to turn up in a suit. Then this south London mob joined the office now I come in in my trainers.

Wrong, imo.
    Not wrong. Outside work, one may do as one wishes, but in the workplace, the employer gets to set the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not wrong. Outside work, one may do as one wishes, but in the workplace, the employer gets to set the rules.
    But would they ask a Sikh to remove his turbin?

or ask monty to remove his little hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's slowly going though.

I used to turn up in a suit. Then this south London mob joined the office now I come in in my trainers.
    I used to enjoy wearing a suit every day. It was like putting on a uniform; it concentrated the mind. Now I dress like a slob, think like a slob and work like a slob.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Provided that those rules do not violate the basic human rights to which we are all entitled.

An important distinction, I think. And - sadly - I'm with Monty on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I used to enjoy wearing a suit every day. It was like putting on a uniform; it concentrated the mind. Now I dress like a slob, think like a slob and work like a slob.
    suit gives you confidence. You walk differently. People treat you differently.

I made the error of walking into a guitar shop whilst wearing a suit. They proceeded to put multiple expensive guitars in my hands.
    and I don't like playing guitars in shops.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Provided that those rules do not violate the basic human rights to which we are all entitled.

An important distinction, I think. And - sadly - I'm with Monty on this one.
    What are these "basic human rights to which we are all entitled" which you have just invented in your brain cell?