Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: European Court rules employers can ban Islamic headscarves at work

early days of the ruling I suppose, but the legal interpretation of these things is usually binary, b.

Ban the lot and you're safe.

I can't see how banning a headscarf but allowing, say, a crucifix to be visibly worn would not be discriminatory.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    early days of the ruling I suppose, but the legal interpretation of these things is usually binary, b.

Ban the lot and you're safe.

I can't see how banning a headscarf but allowing, say, a crucifix to be visibly worn would not be discriminatory.
    Nor me. Which is why no sane employer is going to risk imposing any such rule. Just asking to get yourself sued

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nor me. Which is why no sane employer is going to risk imposing any such rule. Just asking to get yourself sued
    But this ruling was triggered by an employer doing just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I used to enjoy wearing a suit every day. It was like putting on a uniform; it concentrated the mind. Now I dress like a slob, think like a slob and work like a slob.
    Jeans, t-shirt, trainers - that's how I roll professionally.

Desert boots if a big client is coming in, to impress him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Jeans, t-shirt, trainers - that's how I roll professionally.

Desert boots if a big client is coming in, to impress him/her.
    Surely you jest? Jeans? In a work environment? Trainers?

Are you a hod-carrier?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    IM ON the phone to a client

Do you charge by the hour or per deposit?
    Last edited by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez; 03-14-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Surely you jest? Jeans? In a work environment? Trainers?

Are you a hod-carrier?
    My attire does not in any way affect my ability to do my job. I wore suits for about a decade from 1994-2004, can’t be doing with them.

Oddly enough when we were doing some marketing PR or whatever my boss asked me to shirt up for the day but next day it was back to casual suaveness.

You need to get with the time Grandad. I expect you even wear a tie.

My attire does not in any way affect my ability to do my job. I wore suits for about a decade from 1994-2004, can’t be doing with them.

Oddly enough when we were doing some marketing PR or whatever my boss asked me to shirt up for the day but next day it was back to casual suaveness.

One understands (and regrets) that there has been a relaxation of the customs governing men's attire in the office, but surely a smart pair of trousers, a sports jacket and a shirt don't represent too much of a challenge for even the most morally and physically indigent types such as yourself?

On a dress down day I sometimes ditch the tie in favour of a simple cravat.

he only wears a tie when he is in court charged with winding the clock back
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    he only wears a tie when he is in court charged with winding the clock back
    Can he wind the clock back any further - he still seems to think it's 1908 ... oh, I see