Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My, but there's some hysterical crap out there today.

My, but there's some hysterical crap out there today.

Polly Toynbee in particular seems to think we're headed for some sort of Mad Max-type scenario. The Comments section of The Guardian are full of people hoping that Leavers 'drown in their own shît' (not sure whether they mean this figuratively or actually), while, AC Grayling - in the manner of some die-hard Japanese soldier in the jungle in 1960 - has declared the triggering of Article 50 to be 'irrelevant' and pledged that Brexit will be stopped.

There's some tremendous fun to be had on social media today.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Polly Toynbee in particular seems to think we're headed for some sort of Mad Max-type scenario. The Comments section of The Guardian are full of people hoping that Leavers 'drown in their own shît' (not sure whether they mean this figuratively or actually), while, AC Grayling - in the manner of some die-hard Japanese soldier in the jungle in 1960 - has declared the triggering of Article 50 to be 'irrelevant' and pledged that Brexit will be stopped.

Bit worried for my sister who works for JPMorgan in their front office clearing EURs. If passporting isn't allowed to continue then she's going to have to move her family to Lux/Frankfurt

Will the investment banking industry be the hardest hit of all?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

My comment describing La Toynbee's rant as 'hysterical' is an hour old and yet to be modded. Surely such blatant sexism cannot be allowed to stand?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Bit worried for my sister who works for JPMorgan in their front office clearing EURs. If passporting isn't allowed to continue then she's going to have to move her family to Lux/Frankfurt

Short answer.... nobody knows... lots of posturing but I feel that very few Banks/Jobs will move to mainland Europe
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

She could get a different job. Things change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    She could get a different job. Things change.
    Pret? Costa?
    I heard they will need people

Won't somebody please think of the poor investment bankers!?

47307524.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Pret? Costa?
    I heard they will need people
    She's S.African, so bar work or Pret's is the obvious choice
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    She's S.African, so bar work or Pret's is the obvious choice
    Plenty of work available in East Anglia soon. The healthy, outdoor type. Get her out of that stuffy office and into a field pulling up cabbages. Do her the world of good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Short answer.... nobody knows... lots of posturing but I feel that very few Banks/Jobs will move to mainland Europe
    I wish they would hurry up and do something though.