Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon in asking for a 2nd referendum shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yup. Their case before was bullshït and that was based on oil prices that were absolutely at the top of the market insane. With shale and natural gas kicking the shït out of the industry, they're never going to reach that level again and the North Sea is one of the most expensive places on earth to drill for oil, so basically they have no economic case whatsoever.
    On a tangent, do you remember that old AWIMBer, Hillary? I seem to recall him being rather obsessive about all things green but his favourite comment was this, and I paraphrase but only ever so slightly:

'oil is at $147 a barrel for one simple reason only, we're running out of it'

I was never too sure what was more absurd, the idea that we couldn't possibly find more oil or better ways to extract it, or the idea that the price of a commodity in global financial markets was driven only by the most simple law of supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    On a tangent, do you remember that old AWIMBer, Hillary? I seem to recall him being rather obsessive about all things green but his favourite comment was this, and I paraphrase but only ever so slightly:

'oil is at $147 a barrel for one simple reason only, we're running out of it'

I was never too sure what was more absurd, the idea that we couldn't possibly find more oil or better ways to extract it, or the idea that the price of a commodity in global financial markets was driven only by the most simple law of supply and demand.

Oil prices are driven by supply and demand, it has become cheaper as demand has lessened and also while Saudi Arabia has been pumping it out in huge quantities to try to bankrupt some of the smaller oil producing nations.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar