Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicola Sturgeon in asking for a 2nd referendum shocker

I'm sure that the Scotch will be just fine surviving off their North Sea oil and whisky revenues; financing their absolutely free to the end user health care system, etc. . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The odd thing about it, is it looks incredibly difficult to call - polls (I know, I know) running at 50/50
    Yes, but that's polling based that's very far removed from the realistic possibility of leaving. Polls pre-EU referendum used to regularly show in favour of leaving by quite big margins. The closer the vote gets, the more Project Fear chips away.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'm sure that the Scotch will be just fine surviving off their North Sea oil and whisky revenues; financing their absolutely free to the end user health care system, etc. . .
    Yes, because with oil fetching such a premium these days and looking set to remain the dominant fuel for the foreseeable future, and what with the North Sea holding such enormous, easily accessed reserves...

Oh.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    FFS. Bore off, Nicola
    uzu:
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, because with oil fetching such a premium these days and looking set to remain the dominant fuel for the foreseeable future, and what with the North Sea holding such enormous, easily accessed reserves...

Oh.
    Yup. Their case before was bullshït and that was based on oil prices that were absolutely at the top of the market insane. With shale and natural gas kicking the shït out of the industry, they're never going to reach that level again and the North Sea is one of the most expensive places on earth to drill for oil, so basically they have no economic case whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    uzu:
    :rioja: :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. What a surprise, eh? Imagine her demanding a referendum? Who could have predicted it? Amazing.

Apparently, the fact that the ruling SCOTTISH NATIONAL PARTY WHOSE ENTIRE RAISON D'ETRE IS INDEPENDENCE is asking for a referendum on independence is entirely down to Leave voters. Who knew, eh?
    The best bit is the remain voters showing her support, yet they've spent the last year slagging off anyone who voted for the UK wanting its independence

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    The best bit is the remain voters showing her support, yet they've spent the last year slagging off anyone who voted for the UK wanting its independence
    Yup. And telling us the public isn't qualified to make decisions about how they are governed via referendum, of course.

A lot of talk about a referendum in Northern Ireland too. Brexit really has f_cked everything up. I'm not sure how Northern Ireland is going to work with the border, all Ireland economy, dual Nationality etc

We seemed to be ticking along nicely pre Eu referendum, now everyone's voting for terrorists.
    Last edited by Norn Iron; 03-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    A lot of talk about a referendum in Northern Ireland too. Brexit really has f_cked everything up. I'm not sure how Northern Ireland is going to work with the border, all Ireland economy, dual Nationality etc

We seemed to be ticking along nicely pre Eu referendum, now everyone's voting for terrorists.
    Just give Ireland back to the Irish, Norn, and all those border and economic unity issues go away.