Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am genuinely a little worried about our top 4 chances

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I've practically made my peace with the likelihood of ThursdaySunday football. The advantage of playing on sunday is that saturday is free to enjoy doing things that don't fùck up the whole weekend.

And I currently hate the CL. FA Cup is a more interesting competition.
    I do wonder if I used to like the CL more when we did actually have a realistic chance of winning it. I don't think I did, really. It's always felt a bit artificial.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good man A, like how you roll.
    What he meant to say is that it is all about the rugby at the moment. Much better

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What he meant to say is that it is all about the rugby at the moment. Much better
    Very much looking forward to Saturday....mostly as I'll be in the pub watching. wd the pub

Didn't realise Ireland stopped New Zealand getting to 19 straight wins. Omens

Well I was down the pub for our game and it is fair to say if the players were in any way of the mind-set of the public then nobody saw that game as even a challenge, it was simply a chance to stretch some legs before the decider v England (which itself was going to be relatively easy).

I kept my counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I only give the remotest of ****s on the basis of players we won't be able to sign/keep. Frankly, I'd rather like to tell BT that I'm cancelling my Sport subscription but would rather us be able to at least compete for top players
    I am stuggling to sustain the fiction in my mind that we have to be in the CL to be beaten by Bayercalona in the last 16 every year just so we can attract and retain good enough players to keep playing in the Cl to be beaten Bayercalona in the last 16 every year.

How many top players did Chelsea lose by not being the CL this year? Which good players did they sign despite this, and how is their league campaign going?

Oh.
    Last edited by Ash; 03-13-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I do wonder if I used to like the CL more when we did actually have a realistic chance of winning it. I don't think I did, really. It's always felt a bit artificial.
    I didn't think we'd win it. But it was nice when we didn't get humiliated everytime.

Ever since they year we played AC Milan it's all over first leg.

We used to give it a go against Barcelona for example. We didn't win but we tried.

Bit harsh, LA. What's SW ever done to you
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I can stuggling to sustain the fiction in my mind that we have to be in the CL to be beaten by Bayercalona in the last 16 every year just so we can attract and retain good enough players to keep playing in the Cl to be beaten Bayercalona in the last 16 every year.

How many top players did Chelsea lose by not being the CL this year? Which good players did they sign despite this, and how is their league campaign going?

Oh.
    I think the CL football thing is just an excuse. If you want someone pay the money and they will come.

Pogba isn't getting any CL football this year. and maybe not next year.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Bit harsh, LA. What's SW ever done to you
    He owes me a few pints