Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am genuinely a little worried about our top 4 chances

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I am genuinely a little worried about our top 4 chances

Next 2 games are WBA away and a resurgent Leicester.........could be out of it by April

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Next 2 games are WBA away and a resurgent Leicester.........could be out of it by April
    I honestly couldn't give a shît any more. I'm bored of the CL.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I honestly couldn't give a shît any more. I'm bored of the CL.
    I only give the remotest of ****s on the basis of players we won't be able to sign/keep. Frankly, I'd rather like to tell BT that I'm cancelling my Sport subscription but would rather us be able to at least compete for top players

I only give the remotest of ****s on the basis of players we won't be able to sign/keep. Frankly, I'd rather like to tell BT that I'm cancelling my Sport subscription but would rather us be able to at least compete for top players
    We've signed top players and that hasn't seemed to have made much improvement so I'm not really bothered.
    I honestly think we could sign Messi and he'd suddenly become half the player he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    We've signed top players and that hasn't seemed to have made much improvement so I'm not really bothered.
    I honestly think we could sign Messi and he'd suddenly become half the player he is.
    Only if we didn't let him bring his big bag of drugs with him.

Think that's overblown anyway. Ozil and Sanchez aren't leaving because we're not going to be in the champions league. Likewise if we were to go after a player simply offering enough money would persuade them to sign as opposed to the lure of us being in a competition we stand no chance of winning.

I am stuggling to sustain the fiction in my mind that we have to be in the CL to be beaten by Bayercalona in the last 16 every year just so we can attract and retain good enough players to keep playing in the Cl to be beaten Bayercalona in the last 16 every year.

How many top players did Chelsea lose by not being the CL this year? Which good players did they sign despite this, and how is their league campaign going?

Oh.
    Last edited by Ash; 03-13-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I can stuggling to sustain the fiction in my mind that we have to be in the CL to be beaten by Bayercalona in the last 16 every year just so we can attract and retain good enough players to keep playing in the Cl to be beaten Bayercalona in the last 16 every year.

How many top players did Chelsea lose by not being the CL this year? Which good players did they sign despite this, and how is their league campaign going?

Oh.
    I think the CL football thing is just an excuse. If you want someone pay the money and they will come.

Pogba isn't getting any CL football this year. and maybe not next year.

as long as we don't end up in the tinpot Europa League, I'd be fine with that.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    as long as we don't end up in the tinpot Europa League, I'd be fine with that.
    I've practically made my peace with the likelihood of ThursdaySunday football. The advantage of playing on sunday is that saturday is free to enjoy doing things that don't fùck up the whole weekend.

And I currently hate the CL. FA Cup is a more interesting competition.