Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: I did find it interesting that the Ref now has the right to end the game early

I did find it interesting that the Ref now has the right to end the game early

to stop the plucky underdog shipping anymore goals.

No injury/added time at the end of the second half... not sure i can remember that happening before
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post

No injury/added time at the end of the second half... not sure i can remember that happening before
    I was pleased to see the 6 added mins in the first half as that Rhead fella was getting on my nerves.

We were winning 6-0 on Saturday morning and during a break in the second half I enquired of the opposition manager if he wanted to blow up early. He was affronted and suggested the run out would do them good.

So I made a wee change on our side and we put another 3 past them.

Might be handy for us in the semi-final

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    We were winning 6-0 on Saturday morning and during a break in the second half I enquired of the opposition manager if he wanted to blow up early. He was affronted and suggested the run out would do them good.

So I made a wee change on our side and we put another 3 past them.

When I played rugby at school as a little fella, if we were really thrashing someone, we were always ordered by the teacher to ease up on them. People who scored tries after this order had gone out could find themselves dropped. This led to some amusing sights whereby someone would find themselves with the line at their mercy and then have to either wait for one of the opposition to arrive and tackle them, drop the ball or mystifyingly kick it into touch. It must have looked very funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    When I played rugby at school as a little fella, if we were really thrashing someone, we were always ordered by the teacher to ease up on them. People who scored tries after this order had gone out could find themselves dropped. This led to some amusing sights whereby someone would find themselves with the line at their mercy and then have to either wait for one of the opposition to arrive and tackle them, drop the ball or mystifyingly kick it into touch. It must have looked very funny.
    I over-ruled a goal for my lot at 8-0 as the ball came off the crossbar and clearly over the line but I let them play on.

Kid who “scored” was in tears but claimed an injury, I knew the truth.

I expect Wenger has this issue all the time in training with Sanogo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Back in my school days, one would have been royally castigated for letting up. If we were better than the opposition, regardless of sport, we were expected to grind them into the ground. Letting up was a droppable offence.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Back in my school days, one would have been royally castigated for letting up. If we were better than the opposition, regardless of sport, we were expected to grind them into the ground. Letting up was a droppable offence.
    I think there was some issue of maintaining good inter-school relations. And we were only 10-12 years old at the time. In the upper age ranges, there'd never have been any question of letting up.

might be handy for