Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Talking of street violence, it was most pleasing to see a Dutch police dog take a

Talking of street violence, it was most pleasing to see a Dutch police dog take a

veritable lump out of some Turkish scrote's thigh in Rotterdam on the news last night.

He was probably one of the cünts who nicked my phone last time I was there.

wd Rotterdam police, wd police dog

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    veritable lump out of some Turkish scrote's thigh in Rotterdam on the news last night.

He was probably one of the cünts who nicked my phone last time I was there.

wd Rotterdam police, wd police dog
    For such a deeply liberal country, the police and security forces do take a somewhat robust attitude to public order.

I remember watching the news on TV in Holland as a kid, and seeing footage of a stand off between police and squatters who had been evicted from a building but wouldn't leave. After days of negotiations they got the army in who drove a fúcking tank through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    For such a deeply liberal country, the police and security forces do take a somewhat robust attitude to public order.

I remember watching the news on TV in Holland as a kid, and seeing footage of a stand off between police and squatters who had been evicted from a building but wouldn't leave. After days of negotiations they got the army in who drove a fúcking tank through it.
    I was impressed with the fact that they were simply hitting the protesters with very large sticks and seeming to enjoy every moment of it. They also deployed water cannon without turning a hair.

We are such pussies in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I was impressed with the fact that they were simply hitting the protesters with very large sticks and seeming to enjoy every moment of it. They also deployed water cannon without turning a hair.

We are such pussies in this country.
    That silly newspaper in Turkey pointing out that the Dutch army has 48,000 soldiers and there are 400,000 Turks in Holland; a Dutch friend tweeted, "Issue 10 rounds a man to allow for some misses."

Attitudes hardening amongst the Oranje. Geert licking his lips. Wednesday might be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That silly newspaper in Turkey pointing out that the Dutch army has 48,000 soldiers and there are 400,000 Turks in Holland; a Dutch friend tweeted, "Issue 10 rounds a man to allow for some misses."

Attitudes hardening amongst the Oranje. Geert licking his lips. Wednesday might be very interesting.
    It's an interesting one whether Rutte acting all tough helps or hinders Wilders, though. I'm not sure I buy the idea that people who were going to vote for Wilders won't all of a sudden just because he's finally shown a bit of spine.

Like you say, though, interesting.

You only visit Rotterdam once, imo.

It is a ****ing ****hole.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

Believe it or not, there are actually some nice bits of Rotterdam. But no, I'm in no hurry to get back there.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post

For years I told you all that van Persie was a Rotterdammer and therefore not to be trusted.

No one believed me.