Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Semi Final Draw

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Arsenal v Tottenham
    Man U v Man City

I fail to see how any genuine lover of football wouldn't want that, regardless of who you support.
    Yes, some awesome soccerball games there in the EPL cup dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, some awesome soccerball games there in the EPL cup dude.
    The man seems to think that all we want to see is big clubs going toe to toe regardless of the outcome.

Personally, I would have been much happier with us winning a semi against Millwall and a final against Burnley. As it is now, there's every chance of us getting bum-raped at Wembley by either Tottenham or a Mourinho-led Man U.

Fücking 'genuine lover of football' my hairy hole.
    Last edited by Burney; 03-13-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    'Genuine lover of football'? 'regardless of who you support'?

What a load of böllocks.
    It's all we have, Burney

We no longer compete for the league or the CL, so winning a Cup competition and hating Tottenham are pretty much all we have left.

As indifferent as I have been to the team this year, Tottenham in a semi at Wembley would just be too good for words.

At least if we win, anyway

The man seems to think that all we want to see is big clubs going toe to toe regardless of the outcome.

Personally, I would have been much happier with us winning a semi against Millwall and a final against Burnley. As it is now, there's every chance of us getting bum-raped at Wembley by either Tottenham or a Mourinho-led Man U.

Fücking 'genuine lover of football' my hairy hole. :snakehead:
    Man up and stop being so pathetic. And tell that Dutch used car salesman to grow a pair as well.

No point in being a supporter if you don't care. As I know we have no chance of winning the league or the CL and as the club and manager don't seem that bothered about either of them, I watch league and CL games with a sense of indifference. I just don't really care anymore because they don't.

Tottenham at Wembley would make me care again.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    It's all we have, Burney

We no longer compete for the league or the CL, so winning a Cup competition and hating Tottenham are pretty much all we have left.

As indifferent as I have been to the team this year, Tottenham in a semi at Wembley would just be too good for words.

At least if we win, anyway
    I want this season to come to an end with the least fuss and further damage to Wenger's reputation possible. A game at Wembley against our deadly rivals who are, on current form, a fair bit better than us right now is not the way to achieve that end.

I want this season to come to an end with the least fuss and further damage to Wenger's reputation possible. A game at Wembley against our deadly rivals who are, on current form, a fair bit better than us right now is not the way to achieve that end.
    I understand the sentiment.

But as it stands I can't think of a single game this season other than the 3-0 against Chelsea where I felt that Arsenal love.

I'd like another one before the season is over and a semi win against Spurs in the Cup would just be too good for words, Burney.

Be optimistic for a change, man. Spring is here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    At the risk of being shouted down for starting a football related Arsenal conversational thread, what are we hoping for in the draw. All the Spuds in the pub yesterday were crowing about getting us and giving us a huge dicking - struggled to argue with them! Alternatives (still allowing for either outcome tonight):

Chelsea - They could humiliate us, don't fancy it
    United - Mourinho will out think Le boss again
    Citeh - Aguero can run rings around Mustafi and Kos.

A bit like choosing your preferred method of castration, I am tempted to plump for Citeh. They may still be in Europe and have an outside chance of catching Chelsea in the League...Pass me the straws, I need something to clutch at.

Any thoughts?

City for me in the semi-final if we are looking at maximising the chances of getting to the final. I think they are the side we have the least hang-ups about at the moment as a set of players and as fans. On the basis that there is some evidence of Pochettino's sides collapsing from exhaustion at the end of the season, a final against Spurs might be better timing for us.

Whoever we get it's going to be a big game. Doesn't seem like we've had an important game for a while. Bayern was exciting for an hour or so.

Arsene Wenger cannot continue if we get thrashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    City for me in the semi-final if we are looking at maximising the chances of getting to the final. I think they are the side we have the least hang-ups about at the moment as a set of players and as fans. On the basis that there is some evidence of Pochettino's sides collapsing from exhaustion at the end of the season, a final against Spurs might be better timing for us.
    I think all 4 options are toss of a coin jobs as cup semi-finals in general will rarely mimic league games where home advantage belongs to one team.

Would agree that on paper City look the one we could beat on current form, then again if they were to click in respect of going forward they are the most likely to put a bagful past us.

Spurs would be very tight as the teams are very evenly matched. In fact the reported absence of Kane could be very key.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Spurs would be very tight as the teams are very evenly matched. In fact the reported absence of Kane could be very key.
    None of our players except Alexis would get into the Spurs side.

Paul Merson said so.