Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is Dr Rich about?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I used two thirds of each slice to carry the eggs, then used the remaining two thirds to make a small chip butty which I ate first as a sort of amuse bouche. There was ketchup and a splash of malt vinegar in this butty.
    Fine, fine work. I applaud you.

I was reading in The Guardian about something called a 'Pie Barm' they have in Wigan. It's a neat and potato pie in a buttered, soft white roll.

I'd love to say I wasn't excited by the idea, but I'd be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fine, fine work. I applaud you.

I was reading in The Guardian about something called a 'Pie Barm' they have in Wigan. It's a neat and potato pie in a buttered, soft white roll.

I'd love to say I wasn't excited by the idea, but I'd be lying.
    I was interested to read that as well, but I have concerns.

Imagine if the pastry was just a teeny-weeny bit too thick and the gravy just a smidgeon lacking. You'd instantly have a dry, inedible lump of matter. The disappointment would be scarring.

I was interested to read that as well, but I have concerns.

Imagine if the pastry was just a teeny-weeny bit too thick and the gravy just a smidgeon lacking. You'd instantly have a dry, inedible lump of matter. The disappointment would be scarring.
    I think sauce is the answer. Brown or red. Also the butter would help.

I'd almost be tempted to go to Wigan. Almost.

I'm impressed that you can identify your lymph nodes, I must say.

If you go to the doctor he'll probably sign you off work for three years on full pay, won't he?
    They'll sign you off for practically anything here at the doctors.Runny nose - stay at home for a week. But god forbid you take time off for anything else. Friend of mine took four days off last week to fly back to Ireland for her grandmother's funeral. Her work gave her a verbal warning

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I think i've got shingles. Need to know if it's worth going to the doctors as it seems there's no cure.
    It can be quite serious if left untreated.

I actually know for a fact that when doctors are discussing the condition, they cover their mouths with their hands like pensioners do when using a mobile phone, and refer to it as "the semi bad aids".

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

I actually know for a fact that when doctors are discussing the condition, they cover their mouths with their hands like pensioners do when using a mobile phone, and refer to it as "the semi bad aids".
    Think BGM should post a picture of his rash and we'll decide whether he should just give up and start carrying a bell and shouting 'Unclean!'

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Indeed. Here's what the French have to say about it: Le zona est une dermatose virale fréquente, due au virus de l'herpes zoster, le même virus que la varicelle. L'adjectif s'y rapportant est zostérien.

Basically, BGM is finnish.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Indeed. Here's what the French have to say about it: Le zona est une dermatose virale fréquente, due au virus de l'herpes zoster, le même virus que la varicelle. L'adjectif s'y rapportant est zostérien.

Basically, BGM is finnish.
    I remember having to look up 'varicelle' when my daughter caught it on holiday in Provence one year

I remember having to look up 'varicelle' when my daughter caught it on holiday in Provence one year
    My wife's people call "rickets" die englische Krankheit.

Bloody cheek, imo
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Do they finger your hole? They seem to be obsessed with fingering my hole these days. Keep sending me letters asking me to come in and have my hole fingered.
    Look, like it or not, a gentleman of your age is more prone to certain ailments than others. They have your best interests at heart. By all means turn down their advice, but don't come crying to the NHS when you get poorly.