Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Dr Rich about?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Is Dr Rich about?

I think i've got shingles. Need to know if it's worth going to the doctors as it seems there's no cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I think i've got shingles. Need to know if it's worth going to the doctors as it seems there's no cure.
    Is that like rickets? Lack of sunlight, perhaps? Or vitamin C? Maybe that's scurvy.

Medecine is complicayed, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is that like rickets? Lack of sunlight, perhaps? Or vitamin C? Maybe that's scurvy.

My lymph nodes on one side of my neck (where the rash is) are all swollen and sore and it feels like i've got sunburn across one shoulder. Luckily the internet has learned me that it's not life threatening. My mum tried telling me that if left untreated the rash on one side could join up with a rash on the other side and kill you. This is not possible as it can only occur on one side of the body

My lymph nodes on one side of my neck (where the rash is) are all swollen and sore and it feels like i've got sunburn across one shoulder. Luckily the internet has learned me that it's not life threatening. My mum tried telling me that if left untreated the rash on one side could join up with a rash on the other side and kill you. This is not possible as it can only occur on one side of the body
    I'm impressed that you can identify your lymph nodes, I must say.

If you go to the doctor he'll probably sign you off work for three years on full pay, won't he?

If you go to the doctor he'll probably sign you off work for three years on full pay, won't he?
    I'm currently three weeks into a 5 month holiday (see parental leave) so that won't make no difference, although you joke but my girlfriends friend was recently off work for almost a year because of "stress" issues. She just kept going back to the doctor every month to get signed off work for another 4 weeks It's quite a big problem over here. There's been talk of clamping down on it.

Thinking on it, they have a thing called vård av barn where a parent can take time off work (80% pay) and look after the child if the child is too sick to be at school or his current carer is sick. Maybe my girlfriend can get some time off

I'm currently three weeks into a 5 month holiday (see parental leave) so that won't make no difference, although you joke but my girlfriends friend was recently off work for almost a year because of "stress" issues. She just kept going back to the doctor every month to get signed off work for another 4 weeks It's quite a big problem over here. There's been talk of clamping down on it.

Thinking on it, they have a thing called vård av barn where a parent can take time off work (80% pay) and look after the child if the child is too sick to be at school or his current carer is sick. Maybe my girlfriend can get some time off
    It's a fúcking miracle anyone bothers to go to work at all.

They'll sign you off for practically anything here at the doctors.Runny nose - stay at home for a week. But god forbid you take time off for anything else. Friend of mine took four days off last week to fly back to Ireland for her grandmother's funeral. Her work gave her a verbal warning

It's related to chicken pox and herpes. That's basically all I know.

It was lovely and sunny yesterday. Doubt you saw much it, though

How was the sossidge, egg 'n chips, btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It was lovely and sunny yesterday. Doubt you saw much it, though

How was the sossidge, egg 'n chips, btw?
    Chunky chips. Six chipolatas. Two fried eggs. Two bread and butters. Chips dipped into yolks. A splash of Worcestershire on the snorkers.

What do you think?