Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does one go about removing all this crap at the top the page?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I work in advertising and genrally have no issue with advertising BUT advertising should co-exist with a site in a such a way that it does not lesson/ruin the user experience. The ad placements on this site make it virtually unusable and generally horrific to view
    Exactly. And that's why they will not get new members joining.

The page looks like a scam site.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I work in advertising and genrally have no issue with advertising BUT advertising should co-exist with a site in a such a way that it does not lesson/ruin the user experience. The ad placements on this site make it virtually unusable and generally horrific to view
    Then you will know that cpms have fallen through the floor and people are using other social networks for things that they use to do on here. They go th other places that absolutely don't strip every scrap of data from your profile and flog it to the highest bidder FM has removed all the intrusive adverts, pop ups, sound on video etc., which adverts make it impossible to use? The new mobile version is almost ad free as it is!

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Then you will know that cpms have fallen through the floor and people are using other social networks for things that they use to do on here. They go th other places that absolutely don't strip every scrap of data from your profile and flog it to the highest bidder FM has removed all the intrusive adverts, pop ups, sound on video etc., which adverts make it impossible to use? The new mobile version is almost ad free as it is!

When I open it on my phone it opens 2 other windows and opens my app store
    If I am listening to music or a podcast and I go to awimb it turns it off. videos play automatically. do I have to pay another £2 for an extra device?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    **** em imo.
    I am not paying £24 a year to use this place.
    I'll pay your share if you like. As soon as I've finished paying Sir C's tax bill so that he can pay for Monty's childcare.

Send me your bank details and I will wire you the monies.

Exactly. And that's why they will not get new members joining.

The page looks like a scam site.
    Yep, nothing to do with any opinion outside the accepted norm being shouted down like a brexiteer in a world of remainers....

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'll pay your share if you like. As soon as I've finished paying Sir C's tax bill so that he can pay for Monty's childcare.

Send me your bank details and I will wire you the monies.
    Thanks for the offer Ash. but it's not because I don't have the £24. but £24 is a lot of money.
    I just recently studied in detail my monthy bank statements. there are so many monthly payments for unnecessary services. everything is subscription these days.

£7 quid here for Netflix, £9.99 here for Apple music, £5.99 amazon prime. that's nearly £23 quid already. £50 quid car insurance. I thought it was supposed to go down when I got some no claims bonus. I got 3 years and it's nearly the ****ing same as I started.

£24 could be a weeks worth of lunches at £4.80

I am ignoring the annual option.

Thanks for the offer Ash. but it's not because I don't have the £24. but £24 is a lot of money.
    I just recently studied in detail my monthy bank statements. there are so many monthly payments for unnecessary services. everything is subscription these days.

£7 quid here for Netflix, £9.99 here for Apple music, £5.99 amazon prime. that's nearly £23 quid already. £50 quid car insurance. I thought it was supposed to go down when I got some no claims bonus. I got 3 years and it's nearly the ****ing same as I started.

£24 could be a weeks worth of lunches at £4.80

I am ignoring the annual option.
    Which makes the £2 a month here great value! On a more serious note, your post excellently highlights what people will pay for and what they won't. Similar story on printed news/articles compared to those online. It's a funny old world.

Quote Originally Posted by The Insider View Post
    Which makes the £2 a month here great value! On a more serious note, your post excellently highlights what people will pay for and what they won't. Similar story on printed news/articles compared to those online. It's a funny old world.

I think for me it's because I only use the forum and nothing else that they are providing. We are the contributors. I wouldn't pay for twitter, facebook etc.

I think for me it's because I only use the forum and nothing else that they are providing. We are the contributors. I wouldn't pay for twitter, facebook etc.
    That is great feedback, price point is one of the things being looked at, but I suspect that if people won't pay £2 per month, it is on principle rather than price. My view, for what it is worth, is that it is a bit like spending time in a pub/cafe/restaurant etc enjoying the facilities, but not buying anything. It's already there, so why bother contributing to its overheads - you just can't complain when it closes.

It would be great to hear any other views - either way as all feedback is good.

When I open it on my phone it opens 2 other windows and opens my app store
    If I am listening to music or a podcast and I go to awimb it turns it off. videos play automatically. do I have to pay another £2 for an extra device?
    Do you have the correct mobile version? It sounds like you are looking at the site on the desktop view.