Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's a shame because that three-man midfield was looking pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He will no doubt gay it up in some way. Herby sausages or the likes. That is the type he is foodwise.
    Anytime I have purchased more expensive elaborate sausages they've been ****e.

He will no doubt gay it up in some way. Herby sausages or the likes. That is the type he is foodwise.
    Herby sausages are not 'gaying it up'. Sausages with sundried tomatoes or caramelised onion or venison would be gaying it up but not a few herbs, surely?

Personally, I like a honey and mustard sausage. Or a pork and apple one.

Are you talking of the brief 35 minute assault on a second gear Bayern the other night or the recent expanded experiment with Alex Oxlade Chamberlain aka Chambo in general?
    I am referring to a phase of the match against a Bayern side who were clearly determined to try and score ten goals against us, and who started the game in the same way as the previous leg - by not letting us have a touch of the ball for ten minutes. During that phase we wrested control of the game, scored a triffic goal, had a decent pelanty shout, and should have scored again but for the clumsy, mirror-gazing bearded lummox up top. Of course the game changed when an offside player dived in the box for which our captain was sent off.

And yes, I am specifically referring to Alex "Chambo" Oxlade-Chambolain, whose recent performances in the centre of the park suggests that he is good enough to play there. Sadly, it will be for another club.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've made it to the sofa. Have jimjams and a blankie. Might have a little snooze in a minute.

glw out tonight, might try sausage, egg and chips.
    Very good. Crufts is on the telly.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I am referring to a phase of the match against a Bayern side who were clearly determined to try and score ten goals against us, and who started the game in the same way as the previous leg - by not letting us have a touch of the ball for ten minutes. During that phase we wrested control of the game, scored a triffic goal, had a decent pelanty shout, and should have scored again but for the clumsy, mirror-gazing bearded lummox up top. Of course the game changed when an offside player dived in the box for which our captain was sent off.

And yes, I am specifically referring to Alex "Chambo" Oxlade-Chambolain, whose recent performances in the centre of the park suggests that he is good enough to play there. Sadly, it will be for another club.
    I agree with you Ash. They started to look nervous imo. If we had scored a 2nd it would have been interested until the ref decided to correct things.

I have chorizo, Bockwurst, herby chipolatas or saucisses de Toulouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

It's that ruthless cynicism we lack. When was the last time one of our strikers flagrantly dived to win a crucial penalty.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have chorizo, Bockwurst, herby chipolatas or saucisses de Toulouse.
    What's betterer Parma ham or Jamón serrano

I prefer Parma imo, Serrano has a weird after taste.

I am being general here. San Daniele is nicer than the Parma brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Herby sausages are not 'gaying it up'. Sausages with sundried tomatoes or caramelised onion or venison would be gaying it up but not a few herbs, surely?

Personally, I like a honey and mustard sausage. Or a pork and apple one.
    In days of old we had a phrase along the lines of GAY UR LOOKOUT which I believe would be appropriate here.

Not a fan of the herbed banger myself.

In days of old we had a phrase along the lines of GAY UR LOOKOUT which I believe would be appropriate here.

Not a fan of the herbed banger myself.
    Which is a shock as your mum is a fan of Herb's banger
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar