Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sir Chips has spoken:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Changed my mind. Ham and tomato sandwich.
    That'll taste nicer than egg when it comes back up again

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    “We are fully aware of the attention currently focused on the club and understand the debate. We respect that fans are entitled to their different individual opinions but we will always run this great football club with its best long-term interests at heart.

"Arsène has a contract until the end of the season. Any decisions will be made by us mutually and communicated at the right time in the right way.”

He's gone then
    Nice and non-committal.

It is worse than no news.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Changed my mind. Ham and tomato sandwich.
    The tomato seems risky. Chuck it out imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am not sure what it means.
    Does that mean there isn't an offer right now?
    Yes, it does sound rather like the sort of bland, blasé, offhand missive Berni might text his wife, doesn't it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Nice and non-committal.

It is worse than no news.
    At least it's not a vote of confidence, I suppose.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Any who use the sacred symbol you have chosen for your avatar are commiting

the gravest blasphemy against the great man. Remove it at once!

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yes, it does sound rather like the sort of bland, blasé, offhand missive Berni might text his wife, doesn't it.
    Don't you fûcking start!

You don't hear old Bill Gallas described that way too often , do you.

Best use the "Reply with quote" button in future, H. Otherwise people might think you have actually flipped your lid at last.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbette Chapman - aged 15 View Post
    the gravest blasphemy against the great man. Remove it at once!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Don't you fûcking start!
    Well, it does!

"I love you, darling."
    "Oh, ah. Point taken. Dinner at six, is it? Very good."

he's quite well known in racing circles.

two of his horses run next week....Double Treasure on the 13th either @ Stratford or Huntingdon depending on the ground and Capsy De Mee runs on the 15th @ plumpton.

can't search through his part ownerships to see where they're running. I would assume at least one will be lined up for one of the handicaps at Cheltenham.

funnily enough he's also listed in the training section on the racing post site...so I'm guessing that was from waaaaaay back in the day.

wouldn't been surprised if he did some breeding too...you know what these dirty old men are like.