Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm so surprised about Barcelona going through.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I like Neg, he’s a very decent chap, and I say that in full acknowledgement of the fact that I have stood outside a pub with him while he has drink half pints!

However on the whole drugs thing he is now obsessed to the point of insanity, bit like you and Ramsey. Sorry old boy.

He has spent too much time within a cycling environment where every one of them is drugged up. Yes there probably is drugs in football, be naïve to expect not, but to simply dismiss the efforts of certain teams on an almost weekly basis at this stage on the basis of drugs and blood transfusions presumably before and then immediately after games is a nonsense.

Spurs, drugs. Liverpool, drugs. Bayern, drugs. Barcelona, drugs.

Perhaps we should drug.

I assume Brian Talbot drugged back in the day given the number of games he played and the amount of running around he did. See, even then we were visionary.
    Juventus as well, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    but I do wonder if say Messi suddenly joined Arsenal he'd start off amazing and slowly become ****.
    Yup. Messi is a great player who uses drugs to be even better. It's not an either/or.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yup. Messi is a great player who uses drugs to be even better. It's not an either/or.
    I'm going to hurl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Juventus as well, I believe.
    To be fair now I have yet to see such an accusation but noted. Thank you.

I'm going to hurl.
    That would be the Limerick in you. Your mother would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I like Neg, he’s a very decent chap, and I say that in full acknowledgement of the fact that I have stood outside a pub with him while he has drink half pints!

However on the whole drugs thing he is now obsessed to the point of insanity, bit like you and Ramsey. Sorry old boy.

He has spent too much time within a cycling environment where every one of them is drugged up. Yes there probably is drugs in football, be naïve to expect not, but to simply dismiss the efforts of certain teams on an almost weekly basis at this stage on the basis of drugs and blood transfusions presumably before and then immediately after games is a nonsense.

Spurs, drugs. Liverpool, drugs. Bayern, drugs. Barcelona, drugs.

Perhaps we should drug.

I assume Brian Talbot drugged back in the day given the number of games he played and the amount of running around he did. See, even then we were visionary.
    Anyone who doesn't believe drugs are in regular and widespread use across top class sports is simply either being wilfully ignorant or is just thick, I'm afraid.

I'm going to hurl.
    What on earth where you drinking? Must admit I was in a similar state yesterday. Not so much the consoling whiskies at the end of the night more the sleep disturbed by my phone deciding to play the Russian national anthem on a loop for about three hours and me not have the ability to move an turn it off

I'm going to hurl.
    Poof. Where were you last night, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Or, if you believe Neg, it's the drugs.

When they play well, it's because of the drugs. When they play badly, it's because they're coming down off the drugs.

Either way, the team with arguably the most talented players of any club in the world and also arguably the greatest player that has ever played the game, only win things because of the drugs.

No wonder Belgium is so f*cked.
    Yes, I do like his arguments on this matter. Like the year, two German clubs got to the final beating the Spanish giants in the semis. The Spaniards were off drugs that year and the Germans perfected them

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Right. So you'll happily believe the top performers in other sports are drugged to the eyeballs, but reject the possibility in the case of football?
    You're aware how silly that is, right? Particularly given the fact that Spain has been at the heart of much of the most suspicious activity in this area, with blood samples mysteriously disappearing, etc, etc, etc.
    Nowhere in there did I say that there wasn't drug use in football.