Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm so surprised about Barcelona going through.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Number of German/Spanish finals in past 14 years? Zero (though there have been 2 all-Spanish and 1 all-German ones)

Both 2001 and 2002 were German/Spanish finals though (Bayern/Valencia, Real/Leverkusen). There followed 6 finals where only one team from either country featured - Barcelona in 2006
    Exactly. The spirit of Franco and Hitler lives on through the Champions League

My head hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not. Clearly UEFA weren't going to allow us and PSG to knock out their favourite drugged up teams.

We never stood a hope. The whole game is corrupt.
    How many 'extraordinary' games involving Barcelona can there be where they magically emerge victorious before people smell a rat?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    How many 'extraordinary' games involving Barcelona can there be where they magically emerge victorious before people smell a rat?
    Maybe they just are really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Bóllocks. 'Good' is one thing. Repeatedly lucky is another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Or, if you believe Neg, it's the drugs.

When they play well, it's because of the drugs. When they play badly, it's because they're coming down off the drugs.

Either way, the team with arguably the most talented players of any club in the world and also arguably the greatest player that has ever played the game, only win things because of the drugs.

No wonder Belgium is so f*cked.

Remind me of the previous incidents?

Don't forget the drugs. They give them an edge and the bent referees do the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

When they play well, it's because of the drugs. When they play badly, it's because they're coming down off the drugs.

Either way, the team with arguably the most talented players of any club in the world and also arguably the greatest player that has ever played the game, only win things because of the drugs.

but I do wonder if say Messi suddenly joined Arsenal he'd start off amazing and slowly become ****.

Right. So you'll happily believe the top performers in other sports are drugged to the eyeballs, but reject the possibility in the case of football?
    You're aware how silly that is, right? Particularly given the fact that Spain has been at the heart of much of the most suspicious activity in this area, with blood samples mysteriously disappearing, etc, etc, etc.

I like Neg, he’s a very decent chap, and I say that in full acknowledgement of the fact that I have stood outside a pub with him while he has drink half pints!

However on the whole drugs thing he is now obsessed to the point of insanity, bit like you and Ramsey. Sorry old boy.

He has spent too much time within a cycling environment where every one of them is drugged up. Yes there probably is drugs in football, be naďve to expect not, but to simply dismiss the efforts of certain teams on an almost weekly basis at this stage on the basis of drugs and blood transfusions presumably before and then immediately after games is a nonsense.

Spurs, drugs. Liverpool, drugs. Bayern, drugs. Barcelona, drugs.

Perhaps we should drug.

I assume Brian Talbot drugged back in the day given the number of games he played and the amount of running around he did. See, even then we were visionary.