Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something to cheer you all up!!!

Something to cheer you all up!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    doesn't work

Mo - can I just check something? Has Ali U ever made it explicit he is going to spend his billions to Make Arsenal Great Again? Can't seem to find anything. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Mo - can I just check something? Has Ali U ever made it explicit he is going to spend his billions to Make Arsenal Great Again? Can't seem to find anything. TIA.
    Also it won't ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Who gives a ****? Stan ain't going to.

Wenger has always suffered from a particularly acute and virulent strain of

Bloomberg's Syndrome* and you would appear to have caught a strong whiff of it yourself.

I repeat, it is not our board's job to teach our team how to defend.

*A condition named for the recent mayor of New York City, regarding symptoms pertaining to individuals in a position of responsibility who are unwilling or unable to address pre-modern or current issues within their jurisdictions, attempting to compensate by posing as philosopher kingpins who may blandly lecture everyone who'll listen on existential challenges over which they have no control.

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Bloomberg's Syndrome* and you would appear to have caught a strong whiff of it yourself.

I repeat, it is not our board's job to teach our team how to defend.

*A condition named for the recent mayor of New York City, regarding symptoms pertaining to individuals in a position of responsibility who are unwilling or unable to address pre-modern or current issues within their jurisdictions, attempting to compensate by posing as philosopher kingpins who may blandly lecture everyone who'll listen on existential challenges over which they have no control.
    I don't know what you're on about but if you don't think there's a direct link between money and success in football (or in most things) you are in for a sad disappointment or two.

It's finished. Wenger succeeded a long time ago partly because we had fewer rivals. We are now at best the 4th richest team in England but that's on paper. In fact there may well be seven or eight teams prepared to spend more money on players than we are. It's the board's job to provide the money and leadership. They are happy with things as they are.

Unless we get big financial backing we will slip to the Europa League and stay there, if we don't fall out of the top six or seven altogether. There isn't a manager in the world who'll save us from that.

He's not going to leave either

I don't know what you're on about but if you don't think there's a direct link between money and success in football (or in most things) you are in for a sad disappointment or two.

It's finished. Wenger succeeded a long time ago partly because we had fewer rivals. We are now at best the 4th richest team in England but that's on paper. In fact there may well be seven or eight teams prepared to spend more money on players than we are. It's the board's job to provide the money and leadership. They are happy with things as they are.

Unless we get big financial backing we will slip to the Europa League and stay there, if we don't fall out of the top six or seven altogether. There isn't a manager in the world who'll save us from that.
    In short, spend some fúcking money?

It's a grubby business, and no mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In short, spend some fúcking money?

It's a grubby business, and no mistake.
    Money isn't the problem imo though.

it's the attitude of the players.