Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So what are we all doing for International Women's Day, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Seriously, though, here is the text of our row. What have I done wrong?

Her: Not meeting Andy tonight x
    Me: Oh, OK
    Her: Is that a problem?
    Me: No, why would it be?
    Her: Tone of text ��
    Me: No. Your inference entirely. I was really just acknowledging receipt.
    Her: That's a really cold text to send to your wife. No matter how you read it
    Me: Oh, OK.
    Her: Not that obviously. The "No. Your inference entirely. I was really just acknowledging receipt."
    Me: All I was trying to do was let you know that I had read and understood your text.
    Her: What is wrong with you?!
    Me: Nothing. What’s wrong with you?
    Her: Oh, you're infuriating

I think we can all agree that I'm in the right here.
    You aren't going to get divorced again, are you Burney?

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Kippers? fine.

Herring / Rollmop? deviant
    That's France for you, I'm afraid. Raw, chopped onions, bread, olives, glass or two of beer. Le Petit Dejeuner.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Good lord, b - you can't win there
    Tell me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    You aren't going to get divorced again, are you Burney?
    Over being less than effusive in a text? Shouldn't have thought so, no.

Yes. A very tiresome fellow. Thinks everyone's a Nazi. Monty and I occasionally tangle with him on twitter.
    I have managed to avoid him entirely. I've never seen him on TV, ever.

I think I've done rather well there. wd me.

Seriously, though, here is the text of our row. What have I done wrong?

Her: Not meeting Andy tonight x
    Me: Oh, OK
    Her: Is that a problem?
    Me: No, why would it be?
    Her: Tone of text ��
    Me: No. Your inference entirely. I was really just acknowledging receipt.
    Her: That's a really cold text to send to your wife. No matter how you read it
    Me: Oh, OK.
    Her: Not that obviously. The "No. Your inference entirely. I was really just acknowledging receipt."
    Me: All I was trying to do was let you know that I had read and understood your text.
    Her: What is wrong with you?!
    Me: Nothing. What’s wrong with you?
    Her: Oh, you're infuriating

I think we can all agree that I'm in the right here.
    Naturally, but you really should've married a grown-up. I've not had so lengthy and involved a conversation with my wife in twenty years (I guess) of holy matrimony, in text or otherwise. And we've spent practically every moment together since the day we met.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Naturally, but you really should've married a grown-up. I've not had so lengthy and involved a conversation with my wife in twenty years (I guess) of holy matrimony, in text or otherwise. And we've spent practically every moment together since the day we met.
    Why were the smoke detectors going off?
    No reason, Good night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One hesitates to approach such matters, but, could it be lady issues? They get a little irrational around the time of the full moon, if you follow my meaning.

On the other hand, birds are generally a bit mental at the best of times.
    Isn't that werewolves?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's the texting I blame. For chaps, it's just a means of making arrangements or sorting things out. Ladies seem to think it's a meaningful mode of communication and read stuff into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Why were the smoke detectors going off?
    No reason, Good night.
    That's it. It was my dogs I was worried about; they're never happy to have their beauty sleep interrupted.