Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one that thought the ref got all three decisions correct?

Am I the only one that thought the ref got all three decisions correct?

Not bothered about him changing the yellow to red, in fact I'm sort of pleased that those useless muppets that typically stand next to the goal doing nothing finally made a decision.

Alonso got a touch so it wasn't a pen, Kos bundled their striker over and it was clearly a denial of a goal scoring opportunity. All correct.

Those of the optimistic nature might also point out that with 11 v 11 over about 100 minutes of play I think we beat them 2-1? Doesn't excuse the defensive collapses but it at least suggests we have some rather talented players.

All we need now is Monty to assure us that a 10 game winning streak is about to begin and all will be well.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Not bothered about him changing the yellow to red, in fact I'm sort of pleased that those useless muppets that typically stand next to the goal doing nothing finally made a decision.

Alonso got a touch so it wasn't a pen, Kos bundled their striker over and it was clearly a denial of a goal scoring opportunity. All correct.

Those of the optimistic nature might also point out that with 11 v 11 over about 100 minutes of play I think we beat them 2-1? Doesn't excuse the defensive collapses but it at least suggests we have some rather talented players.

All we need now is Monty to assure us that a 10 game winning streak is about to begin and all will be well.
    11v11 we lost 5-2

Their Pen was as soft as a soft thing, there is a GIF doing the rounds that show that Kos didn't foul him

My main gripe is sticking a midfield player into CB rather than accepting things and bringing on a defender and settling for 2 or 3-1
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

The ref didn't punish (other than a free kick) a foul on Sanchez that would have been a straight red in 90%* of CL matches.

* arbitrary figure
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    11v11 we lost 5-2

Their Pen was as soft as a soft thing, there is a GIF doing the rounds that show that Kos didn't foul him

My main gripe is sticking a midfield player into CB rather than accepting things and bringing on a defender and settling for 2 or 3-1
    Ah, there was me thinking someone was sent off at their place as well. Wishful thinking

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    The ref didn't punish (other than a free kick) a foul on Sanchez that would have been a straight red in 90%* of CL matches.

* arbitrary figure
    That was a red card for intent, but he made virtually no contact which made it harder for the ref to give it, I think.

Pretty surprised that wasn't a yellow, mind.

Ah, there was me thinking someone was sent off at their place as well. Wishful thinking
    A better stat is we played alright when Kos was on the pitch in both legs.

Yeah, so much for home advantage.

Same in the other tie last night; poor old Napoli win their group, get drawn against Real Madrid
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

clearly a denial of a goal scoring opportunity
    I believe that the 'triple punishment' of penalty, red card, and suspension (from next seasons's Europa League group stages) for soft fouls in the box had been removed. After all, if it is a penalty then there has been no denial of a goal-scoring opportunity.

Ridicules red card that ruined the match.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Yeah, so much for home advantage.
    If more people spent ninety minutes howling expletives at the ref (as I tend to do) we might get some more decisions going our way. It works for Stoke when we play up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If more people spent ninety minutes howling expletives at the ref (as I tend to do) we might get some more decisions going our way. It works for Stoke when we play up there.
    I'm afraid we may be past that stage, especially if away supporters are to be encouraged to make away matches sound like their home games #WhoEversInChargeOfTheseThingsOUT
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."