Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Team To Beat Bayern 4-0 tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm wondering if it's actually as mental as it sounds. (Yes it is.) But full backs don't really tackle any more, do they? There aren't any Nelsons or Winterburns around any more. They just sort of get in the way of the winger these days. Kenny Sansom was years ahead of his time.
    If we had a decent defensive drill, it could work. Victor Moses, for example, isn't really a fullback either, after all. And neither is "Hamez" Milner.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I'm wondering if it's actually as mental as it sounds. (Yes it is.) But full backs don't really tackle any more, do they? There aren't any Nelsons or Winterburns around any more. They just sort of get in the way of the winger these days. Kenny Sansom was years ahead of his time.
    I respectfully suggest that a knife-edge Champions League decider v Bayern Munich is not the time and place for such experimental and dare I say uncharacteristic tactical meddling.

Let him run around Colney in a practice match and pretend he is a left back.

TJ and the new position.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I respectfully suggest that a knife-edge Champions League decider v Bayern Munich is not the time and place for such experimental and dare I say uncharacteristic tactical meddling.

Let him run around Colney in a practice match and pretend he is a left back.

TJ and the new position.
    I hope Wenger plays Sanogo.
    Plays football like a spinning top.
    will confuse everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I hope Wenger plays Sanogo.
    Plays football like a spinning top.
    will confuse everyone.
    I suspect Wenger used up all his tactical wildcards at the weekend when he left out Sanchez in a plan to go long in the first half. We know this because there was no training ground incident as reported. No.

For comedy value alone, and I don’t mean that in an anti-Yaya way, I would love to hear his name called out in the starting 11. The mood in the fortress would be priceless and we would know for certain that Arsene was now just having a laugh and is off in just over 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I suspect Wenger used up all his tactical wildcards at the weekend when he left out Sanchez in a plan to go long in the first half. We know this because there was no training ground incident as reported. No.

For comedy value alone, and I don’t mean that in an anti-Yaya way, I would love to hear his name called out in the starting 11. The mood in the fortress would be priceless and we would know for certain that Arsene was now just having a laugh and is off in just over 2 months.
    That's the trouble with adopting "consistency" as your watchword; you make one tactical tweak, drop one regular starter, and everybody thinks you must have flipped your lid. Not least the players themselves, I'd imagine.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Decent name for a garage band though, all the same: Wenger and the Tactical Wildcards.

Well done, L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Paris St Germain?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That's not the attitude, m. Boyfriends are hardly insurmountable obstacles in my experience.
    Right. Any woman in the workplace is fair game, imo. That's essentially why they're there, after all. M would be doing his bit for women's lib *and* enjoying himself. Win/win.

Fair play to Conte...has done a fine job in reviving Victor's career.

-

For what it's worth...Theo @ Left back was way better than the previous time we played them in a Knock Out 2nd leg when I said we should start the game with Sagna as a false goalkeeper

My argument was that there was no way we would score all the goals we needed so start with Sagna in goal and turn it into an absolute crazy back yard 5 a side goal scoring affair...something like 16-13 and just hope we get enough.

--

I think as complete one off tactic to completely bamboozle a side from the very start Theo at left back is worth a punt especially when you load it up with defenders like I mentioned...I was taking inspiration from the night Bergkamp played right wing vs Lazio and ripped them to shreds.