Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Martin McGuinness is feeling poorly, the lamb.

Martin McGuinness is feeling poorly, the lamb.

One imagines that Shaitan is sharpening his trident and licking his lips as we speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    One imagines that Shaitan is sharpening his trident and licking his lips as we speak.
    Yes. That one very much comes under the 'Oh Dear. How Sad. Never mind.' category.

We can only hope it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. That one very much comes under the 'Oh Dear. How Sad. Never mind.' category.

We can only hope it hurts.
    Marty's viewed as a peacemaker now. Ian Paisley jnr even thanked him on live TV for his efforts in the peace process. Actually Sinn Fein have been lecturing Unionists about Integrity in government for about 3 months now.
    Only in Northern Ireland could an ex IRA muderer, now in government, lecture people about integrity in government.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    Marty's viewed as a peacemaker now. Ian Paisley jnr even thanked him on live TV for his efforts in the peace process. Actually Sinn Fein have been lecturing Unionists about Integrity in government for about 3 months now.
    Only in Northern Ireland could an ex IRA muderer, now in government, lecture people about integrity in government.
    Interestingly, though, a time is coming relatively soon when a generation of Shinners comes through who don't have blood on their hands and aren't tainted by direct association with the Troubles. It will be interesting to see how that changes the dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I am sorry Martin McGuinness is ill, I am sorry the power sharing structure broke down, I really like Arlene Foster, but as usual the weak link in Northern Ireland has been 'Money', money being funnelled to the usual suspects knowingly or unknowingly, to wealthy Unionists by fair means turned foul, an assembly knocked out by a bunch of wooden pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Interestingly, though, a time is coming relatively soon when a generation of Shinners comes through who don't have blood on their hands and aren't tainted by direct association with the Troubles. It will be interesting to see how that changes the dynamic.
    The reality is that most decent Nationalist/Republicans people are now voting for Sinn Fein regardless of their IRA connections. Their increased support is due to the behavior of Arlene Foster in the last few months.

They have stood a lot of younger women recently. But look at the new leader Michelle O'Neil, she's the daughter of an IRA prisoner and her cousin was an IRA man shot by the SAS. Orlaith Flynn who won a seat in West Belfast is the daughter of a convicted bomber. Although they have a young woman who won a seat in Fermanagh who appears to be a 'normal' candidate.

I think with time they'll become more acceptable to the Unionist people.

Quote Originally Posted by Norn Iron View Post
    I think with time they'll become more acceptable to the Unionist people.
    Protestant maybe, not Unionist.

I am making the same definition here as Nationalist v Republican.