Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One year left on his contract, 28 years old. How much do we

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Iwobi.
    if there is one player in that team who shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI, never mind a regular starter . . .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Let him rot in the reserves, imo. Teach him a lesson

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    get for Sanchez?

Who do we then replace him with?*

*Anyone who says internal solutions can get ****ed
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    if there is one player in that team who shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI, never mind a regular starter . . .
    Coquelin is more in the eye of the storm at present. He has been around the first team 2-3 years now, perhaps longer (his post Charlton phase only). Just increasingly looks lost and truly out of his depth.

Iwobi I like, young kid, only a complete pervert would have even heard of the lad just over 12 months ago, now more or less a starting 11 fixture.

Coquelin is more in the eye of the storm at present. He has been around the first team 2-3 years now, perhaps longer (his post Charlton phase only). Just increasingly looks lost and truly out of his depth.

Iwobi I like, young kid, only a complete pervert would have even heard of the lad just over 12 months ago, now more or less a starting 11 fixture.
    Coquelin and Monreal have dropped a fair few levels compared to previous seasons. I'd be inclined to say the one good season Coquelin had was a fluke and Monreal isn't ageing particularly well.

A massive overhaul is needed from top to bottom at Arsenal. Obviously the board and manager need replacing, but in terms of the team, we need a new goalkeeper, left back, central midfielder and a striker. Will we get enough money from the Sanchez sale to fund all that? Probably not. You're looking at about £50m maximum, on top of whatever funds we have in the first place. Joe Hart will be available in the summer, Tom Heaton from Burnley is a more left field choice, not as expensive but a decent keeper in any case. **** knows which decent left backs are available and want to come to us. CM's, I'd love Isco, wanted him since his Malaga days and I think he'd be a perfect fit to replace Santi. Striker, we aren't attractive enough to sign someone like Griezmann or any other real marquee players. After seeing how Sanchez became frustrated with the runner up mentality that runs through the club I don't think any truly world class players playing for the powerhouse clubs would want to come anywhere near us. Lacazette and Belotti are decent options. Reus is too injury prone and probably wouldn't come anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoNoel View Post
    A massive overhaul is needed from top to bottom at Arsenal. Obviously the board and manager need replacing, but in terms of the team, we need a new goalkeeper, left back, central midfielder and a striker. Will we get enough money from the Sanchez sale to fund all that? Probably not. You're looking at about £50m maximum, on top of whatever funds we have in the first place. Joe Hart will be available in the summer, Tom Heaton from Burnley is a more left field choice, not as expensive but a decent keeper in any case. **** knows which decent left backs are available and want to come to us. CM's, I'd love Isco, wanted him since his Malaga days and I think he'd be a perfect fit to replace Santi. Striker, we aren't attractive enough to sign someone like Griezmann or any other real marquee players. After seeing how Sanchez became frustrated with the runner up mentality that runs through the club I don't think any truly world class players playing for the powerhouse clubs would want to come anywhere near us. Lacazette and Belotti are decent options. Reus is too injury prone and probably wouldn't come anyway.
    I don't think we'll be overhauling the squad somehow. Which will make the manager position even more crucial.

#TwoMoreYears
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Coquelin's alright when our defensive behaviour is good. Which it isn't

http://www.arsenal.com/first-team/statistics

Iwobi is one of our most regular starters.

I doubt he would get into any of the other current, top 6 starting XI
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    get for Sanchez?

Who do we then replace him with?*

*Anyone who says internal solutions can get ****ed

Still do not know what the logic of dropping Sanchez was. It might be attitude, it might have been contract or it might have been tactical. Either way, he'll be gone as will Ozil and we will have to do a bit of rebuilding. We could possibly get £30M for Sanchez, who knows? I doubt we will get that for Ozil.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    could possibly get £30M for Sanchez, who knows? I doubt we will get that for Ozil.
    I wonder if Daniel Levy would mind doing the transfer monies negotiations for us? He gets rather good deals.