Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Awimb I've gone a little obsessed with a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    It's all to buy a place. It's looking rather grim at the moment. I think we will wait a little while longer.

It's funny you see a listing for London and just by looking at the price you know it's going to be in Edmonton. I will never move there. Other areas outside are affordable but then you are not better off because of the transport cost.

Shared ownership can get ****ed and any other schemes I see.

Still with my frugal ways I was able to purchase my new telly spur of the moment.

I feel as man I owe it to my wife to be able to purchase a property as our home. Also I am 35 this year if I am gonna get into a mental mortgage better do it now.
    Yes. Ideally, of course, you want all that sorted *before* you get fitted up by some bird and the vicar pronounces sentence
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Geiz ist geil, as they say down your way.
    Oh god yes. I know a bar here that never charges to get in but every so often advertises an "Eintritt Frei" night just to quadruple the number of German customers it gets in

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Would it not make sense to buy somewhere in the 'burbs to get a foot on the ladder, as it were?

I don't really understand property prices any more. How much for a 2 bedroomed flat in Islington? £500k? £100 down and mortgage £400k? Howe much would such a mortgage be per month?
    That's what I want to do. 400k would be about £2k a month over 25 years. I am of the view if I am going to spend that much. rather get a house outside of london.

I don't know if I have access to that much money however. probably 300k

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Oh god yes. I know a bar here that never charges to get in but every so often advertises an "Eintritt Frei" night just to quadruple the number of German customers it gets in
    loooooooool.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

That's what I want to do. 400k would be about £2k a month over 25 years. I am of the view if I am going to spend that much. rather get a house outside of london.

I don't know if I have access to that much money however. probably 300k
    Blimey, it all sounds a lot.

Mind you, when I bought my first house in 1990, I had a £60k mortgage and that cost almost £800 per month. Which was tricky, since I earned about £800 a month.

Happy days.

Mind you, when I bought my first house in 1990, I had a £60k mortgage and that cost almost £800 per month. Which was tricky, since I earned about £800 a month.

Happy days.
    If it keeps going the way it's going I can't really see how anybody in the London area being able to afford anything without getting a huge salary or inheriting some monies or cash. no matter how the economy is doing places are being built all over the place.
    There was a new development in Palmers green I inquired about. 2 bed room flat 592k for a place next to a petrol station and the North circular.

It's all very depressing.

Saving money. I get annoyed when I spend money even for lunch.
    So why buy a Go-Pro camera to fillum yourself driving?

How much for a 2 bedroomed flat in Islington? £500k??

Our one-bed is almost that now. When we bought the difference between a one and two bed was about 30-40k. Now it's nearer £250k

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So why buy a Go-Pro camera to fillum yourself driving?
    It is for my 2nd income so will pay for itself. my youtube channel.

Happy days.
    First flat is 1985 cost 17k..... worth a bloody fortune now, hey ho
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar