1 10.00%
  • The Gooner

0 0%
  • Arsenal America

0 0%
  • Other - Please specify

8 80.00%

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now that AWIMB is dead, which Arsenal related site will you use?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Is this place now more dead than it was a week ago, have I missed a passing?
    Ah Mr SW. I continued to watch some more Gaelic football last night.
    Please forgive all the questions.

what's the difference between the ball they use and a football? it seems heavier and doesn't bounce a much.
    Can you dribble the ball like a football?
    Why do the goalies use those stand things.
    If you can use your hands why do you need a keeper?

I quite liked when a player tried to lob the keeper to score but it didn't quite work out but still went through the posts so he scored that way.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I don't know. The idiosyncrasies of the 'new' wimb are beyond a mere moderator like me...and it appears all admin are dead.
    I liked that proprietor+ asked for some ideas on how to improve awimb.
    but didn't read them

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Ah Mr SW. I continued to watch some more Gaelic football last night.
    Please forgive all the questions.

what's the difference between the ball they use and a football? it seems heavier and doesn't bounce a much.
    Can you dribble the ball like a football?
    Why do the goalies use those stand things.
    If you can use your hands why do you need a keeper?

I quite liked when a player tried to lob the keeper to score but it didn't quite work out but still went through the posts so he scored that way.
    What's the difference between the ball they use and a football? it seems heavier and doesn't bounce a much. - It is smaller for a start, size 4 normally instead of a 5. Not sure about the weight as there is different recommended weights at different levels of football.

Can you dribble the ball like a football? - Yes but not something you will see a lot.

Why do the goalies use those stand things. - Recent innovation as they are kicking from the ground and formerly their main target was to achieve both height and distance. Keepers have become more tactical in recent years with shorter kick outs to defenders in order to build play from the back.

If you can use your hands why do you need a keeper? - purely positional as that is his fixed role. Why have forwards in football when anybody can score.

It's a great sport and is very tribal in nature. You are from an area, a county and you support that county and no other. You may hate other counties at wll.

Can be rough also. This is of course many years ago, not even sent off.

What's the difference between the ball they use and a football? it seems heavier and doesn't bounce a much. - It is smaller for a start, size 4 normally instead of a 5. Not sure about the weight as there is different recommended weights at different levels of football.

Can you dribble the ball like a football? - Yes but not something you will see a lot.

Why do the goalies use those stand things. - Recent innovation as they are kicking from the ground and formerly their main target was to achieve both height and distance. Keepers have become more tactical in recent years with shorter kick outs to defenders in order to build play from the back.

If you can use your hands why do you need a keeper? - purely positional as that is his fixed role. Why have forwards in football when anybody can score.

It's a great sport and is very tribal in nature. You are from an area, a county and you support that county and no other. You may hate other counties at wll.

I really enjoyed it it was quite exciting. I can't remember who was playing in the game I watched. There didn't seem to be any scoring then all of a sudden it was back and forth.

Saw a few good whacks too. I will start to follow it.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    1. Arsenal Fan TV
    2. Arseblog comments
    3. Arsenal Official Facebook
    4. The Gooner
    5. Arsenal America
    6. Other - please specify.
    Arsenal fans tv without doubt. 4 hours of trolling condensed in to 15 glorious minutes
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Fair punch that - lad deserved it

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fair punch that - lad deserved it
    Yep, Cork lad. Probably giving it too much verbal.

I may have to change my name to Jonah. I was on another Arsenal site and it died.

Probably arsenalmania.com - they sound like a right bunch of cnuts. But at least there's a lot of them.

the Arsenal on Reddit is pretty good for keeping track of Arsenal news but you have to put up with cringeworthy posts from plastic fans.

Rush goalies