Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pancakes tomorrow, is it?

Pancakes tomorrow, is it?

Every year I thnk I'll do a proper job and start with savoury wons. Seafood pancakes or some sort of galette job.

Then every year I can't be ársed, and it's lemon and sugar all the way.

Tragic, when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Every year I thnk I'll do a proper job and start with savoury wons. Seafood pancakes or some sort of galette job.

Seems a bit late this year.
    I will not have any on principle of my strict eating regime.

is 10.5km on the treadmill a decent pace? I've been doing that. short bursts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Seems a bit late this year.
    I will not have any on principle of my strict eating regime.

is 10.5km on the treadmill a decent pace? I've been doing that. short bursts.
    Any pace is a decent pace, f. As long as you're getting the exercise done.

I started at 10 kph and have worked up to 13 kph for 30 minutes, but it's taken quite a lot of work. Should be easier for a youngster like you.

Any pace is a decent pace, f. As long as you're getting the exercise done.

I started at 10 kph and have worked up to 13 kph for 30 minutes, but it's taken quite a lot of work. Should be easier for a youngster like you.
    I only really just returned to the gym so long way to go.
    I start with a fast walk then set my times for a run. then wait for the next bit.

Started off 3 mins walk 2 mins run and over.
    then the week after 2 walk 3 run and so on.

I have had to invest in some wireless headphones as the wires do my head in and I am not fond of the thumping gym music.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I only really just returned to the gym so long way to go.
    I start with a fast walk then set my times for a run. then wait for the next bit.

Started off 3 mins walk 2 mins run and over.
    then the week after 2 walk 3 run and so on.

I have had to invest in some wireless headphones as the wires do my head in and I am not fond of the thumping gym music.
    There is a great app from the NHS called Couch to 5k that does exactly that but with a plan and some structure. It sorted me out rapidly. Well worth getting, I'd say.

I need to give my legs a rest. Yesterday and today I really struggled and had to quit early. I think I've worn myself out.

There is a great app from the NHS called Couch to 5k that does exactly that but with a plan and some structure. It sorted me out rapidly. Well worth getting, I'd say.

I need to give my legs a rest. Yesterday and today I really struggled and had to quit early. I think I've worn myself out.
    It took me a while to get over the feeling a bit shy in the gym phase.
    But now I stick my hoodie on and shut myself out. I wish there wasn't mirrors in front of me though it's boring watching myself run.

Did them for brekkers yesterday as I'm away tomorrow. Beurre sucre is my current jam. Although currant jam might also be nice, actually.

With the utmost respect for your educated palate I am unsure if pancake Tuesday was really invented for poncey *******s like “seafood pancakes”.

Lemon/butter/sugar is your man, or perhaps Nutella and banana at a push, or maple syrup.

Not seafood.

Half day

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    With the utmost respect for your educated palate I am unsure if pancake Tuesday was really invented for poncey *******s like “seafood pancakes”.

Lemon/butter/sugar is your man, or perhaps Nutella and banana at a push, or maple syrup.

Not seafood.
    We really need a priest to assist with these theological questions.