Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gaelic Football rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gaelic Football rules

What's the rules when they are running with the ball?

They do that little kick thing or hit it every few steps.

I quite like watching it actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    What's the rules when they are running with the ball?

They do that little kick thing or hit it every few steps.

I quite like watching it actually.
    If carrying the ball then it is supposed to be 3 steps before either a bounce of the ball or a toe-tap (which itself is a very difficult skill when running at speed). A player cannot then bounce twice in succession as that would just be silly.

The 3 step rule is not strictly refereed.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    If carrying the ball then it is supposed to be 3 steps before either a bounce of the ball or a toe-tap (which itself is a very difficult skill when running at speed). A player cannot then bounce twice in succession as that would just be silly.

The 3 step rule is not strictly refereed.
    they show it a lot on Premier Sports I thought it was great fun.

they show it a lot on Premier Sports I thought it was great fun.
    It's a great game p

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's a great game p
    How about Handball? that's always on when I flick through the german channels.

"flick through the German channels" Yeah, we know what you are wanting to find
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Always feel sorry for the keeper in that. It's pretty big here. France seem to keep winning things though

Oh I don't play it myself, would be terribly sore on the hands I assume.

I used to play squash, enjoyed it. Naturally I was excellent and won trophies for same.
    Fives is good. Same thing, but you get gloves. Pretty sure they only play it at public schools, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Fives is good. Same thing, but you get gloves. Pretty sure they only play it at public schools, though.
    We had a handball alley in our school though it was rarely if ever used for that sport. Tended to be a place for either football or smoking when the other smoking place was full.

We had a handball alley in our school though it was rarely if ever used for that sport. Tended to be a place for either football or smoking when the other smoking place was full.
    Yes, our fives courts were a couple of rugger pitches away from the main school behind the Duke of Edinburgh building, so it, too, was a good place to smoke and drink.