Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rugby rules.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I hate the term "parking the bus". Defending well is as much a part of the game as is fancy intricate passing triangles.
    I agree in a football sense that good defending is an art - what happened in the rugby wasn't good defending it was exploiting a loophole in the law to the 9th degree. Inevitably, the law will change so can't blame Italy for trying it

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Not really. They went into half-time leading against Wales and playing the conventional way. Their trouble is and always has been that they drop off physically in the last 20-25 minutes of games. Their points before half-time came from penalties and had nothing to do with their lack of rucking. As i said before, it was purely a spoiler tactic. They were always going to get battered, this just sopped it being a 40-50 point battering.
    They were 2 points down with 10 minutes to go so your reasoning is flawed... they had a game plan and almost pulled it off. wd Italy imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes the frustrating thing was that we didn't adapt until the coaches had a word. Although, I've spoken to a few people who've played rugby for years and assumed an offside line was formed at the tackle (which a rule change will inevitably be brought in now). At least Daly still looked good. Did Johnny May even play?
    It makes sense that a line should be formed and only the tackler can go past it if there isn't a ruck. At times they had two people either side of our no.9. Ridicules I don't know why he persists with May, Nowell is much better. Also felt sorry for Farrell. Probably his worst game in the shirt and on his 50th cap.
    Last edited by Billy Goat Sverige; 02-27-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I agree in a football sense that good defending is an art - what happened in the rugby wasn't good defending it was exploiting a loophole in the law to the 9th degree. Inevitably, the law will change so can't blame Italy for trying it
    I was talking purely from a football sense, a manager complaining post-game because the opposition, invariably a lesser opposition, had the temerity to not play open expansive football but instead chose to defend well.

I don’t fully get the nuances of rugby but did find your match difficult to watch. A shoot out on St Patricks weekend awaits unless we fúck up in Cardiff which is not beyond the realms of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I was talking purely from a football sense, a manager complaining post-game because the opposition, invariably a lesser opposition, had the temerity to not play open expansive football but instead chose to defend well.

I don’t fully get the nuances of rugby but did find your match difficult to watch. A shoot out on St Patricks weekend awaits unless we fúck up in Cardiff which is not beyond the realms of chance.
    Not impossible we **** up at home to Scotland either though. But it should be a great last day. I assume your lot will be out on the Friday night so advantage England

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    It makes sense that a line should be formed and only the tackler can go past it if there isn't a ruck. At times they had two people either side of our no.9. Ridicules I don't know why her persists with May, Nowell is much better. Also felt sorry for Farrell. Probably his worst game in the shirt and on his 50th cap.
    Farrell is allowed an off day. I think Nowell is his first choice with Daly now and Watson to come back in, possibly at full back (Brown is starting to show his age, I think)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    They were 2 points down with 10 minutes to go so your reasoning is flawed... they had a game plan and almost pulled it off. wd Italy imo
    A hugely defensive game plan which saw them concede "only" six tries. No - the really were never in danger of winning, p. Never in doubt as some might say