Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess it's that time of the season again - when we have to start wanting the teama

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And nobody will want to sign for us
    I don't understand monty's concern.
    Tottenham played 26 on 53 points.
    Arsenal played 25 on 50 points.

Liverpool game is tricky but I don't understand the panic.

So apart from Sanchez, which of our first choice team would you pick ahead of his Tottenham equivalent?

Ballerin might push Walker for a place I suppose, if he sorted out his positional play and bulked up a bit. Kos is one of our best players, but ahead of their Belgian CB pairing? I think not.

Individual ability would matter less if we compensated with character and team spirit, a la George Graham's team v Parma in Copenhagen. Sadly we don't tick that box either these days.

#Wengerout

I like your last paragraph.

I reckon we have too many players who know how to play, but do not understand how to work.

When Wenger joined us, we were practically the direct opposite and, in trying to counter that, He overbalanced us the other way.

His Invincibles had the perfect equilibrium, of course, so credit to Him for that. He's clearly off to Barcelona in the Summer anyway and all the best to Him #EnriqueOut

Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday Once More View Post
    So apart from Sanchez, which of our first choice team would you pick ahead of his Tottenham equivalent?

Ballerin might push Walker for a place I suppose, if he sorted out his positional play and bulked up a bit. Kos is one of our best players, but ahead of their Belgian CB pairing? I think not.

Individual ability would matter less if we compensated with character and team spirit, a la George Graham's team v Parma in Copenhagen. Sadly we don't tick that box either these days.

#Wengerout
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I reckon we have too many players who know how to play, but do not understand how to work.

When Wenger joined us, we were practically the direct opposite and, in trying to counter that, He overbalanced us the other way.

His Invincibles had the perfect equilibrium, of course, so credit to Him for that. He's clearly off to Barcelona in the Summer anyway and all the best to Him #EnriqueOut
    Apparently Barcelona want the chap who's at Sevilla. (Another bloody foreigner, at a guess.)

Anyway, Arsene said this morning that he's not looking to go anywhere else. So that's that. #wengerin

He would say that though, wouldn't He.

Whether He goes or not, He'll never actually leave us anyway. Not really. #Wenger4ever

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Apparently Barcelona want the chap who's at Sevilla. (Another bloody foreigner, at a guess.)

Anyway, Arsene said this morning that he's not looking to go anywhere else. So that's that. #wengerin
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."