Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've been staring disbelievingly at this article for several minutes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I would hold it for her even were she still a lardarse, sw. That is what it means to be a gentleman.

God, I'd even hold the door open for you.
    I open doors for anyone which is why I find the outdated feminist take on it so absurd. I still remember the long stare I gave my wife (then my girlfriend of a days standing) when she first commented on it.

I would hold it for her even were she still a lardarse, sw. That is what it means to be a gentleman.

God, I'd even hold the door open for you.
    I should hope so, and in turn I would offer my thanks.

It is the type of **** who sails on through showing no regard for your basic act of civility and respect that needs to be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I should hope so, and in turn I would offer my thanks.

It is the type of **** who sails on through showing no regard for your basic act of civility and respect that needs to be shot.
    I don't disagree, but one does it because it is the right thing to do, not in order to garner thanks.

I don't disagree, but one does it because it is the right thing to do, not in order to garner thanks.
    One should always do the right thing.

And as per my earlier comment shooting the **** who walks on past is the right thing to do.

The thing that's really getting to me is that I think we're actually supposed to sympathise with the author, who is clearly deranged, an awful human being or possibly both.

Remarkable.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...er-opened-door
    Comes across as complete bull****.