Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ranieri Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually I'm pretty certain Wenger would have gone had he not won the cup final vs Hull.
    I agree, but of his own free will.

The board were never going to push him. They still won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Leicester just stayed up 2 yrs ago... if they had done the smae last season and been where they are now there is every chance he would have kept his job

AW still has a job as the board don't know how to fire or hire a manager and they are **** scared. They do seem happy to stay financially secure rather than win anything
    And also because the bank insisted upon it, RE: the stadium loan arrangements.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually I'm pretty certain Wenger would have gone had he not won the cup final vs Hull.
    I don't think so. Nobody much cares about the FA Cup anyway, do they.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    And also because the bank insisted upon it, RE: the stadium loan arrangements.
    Good man R, I believe the term is "LOL"

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good man R, I believe the term is "LOL"

Only a manager with such an ironclad agreement in place has the freedom to come up with such hare-brained schemes as "Theo Walcott can make it as Arsenal's main striker."

Only a manager with such an ironclad agreement in place has the freedom to come up with such hare-brained schemes as "Theo Walcott can make it as Arsenal's main striker."
    Particularly these days when one doesn't really need a striker

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Particularly these days when one doesn't really need a striker
    Precisely. Top Four is like a trophy, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He will go if we fail to get in the top four. That is our relegation.
    I doubt it. It would be terribly harsh, for failing to finish in the top four once in twenty-thousand years or whatever it is.

And anyway, I very much doubt He sees the thing that way. If we needed to return to the Champions League places, a "Wenger" working for another club would be high up on the list of candidates for the job, wouldn't he? Rather like the Sam Allardyce/relegation dilemma, innit.

I doubt it. It would be terribly harsh, for failing to finish in the top four once in twenty-thousand years or whatever it is.

And anyway, I very much doubt He sees the thing that way. If we needed to return to the Champions League places, a "Wenger" working for another club would be high up on the list of candidates for the job, wouldn't he? Rather like the Sam Allardyce/relegation dilemma, innit.
    *cough*

"Allardyce arrived with that well-worn label of “never being relegated from the Premier League” but in truth he has only rescued a few teams from impending relegation: Sunderland last year, Blackburn in 2008-09 and Bolton in their first couple of years in the division. In almost 20 years of Premier League management, the majority of his clubs have been comfortably mid-table and not under imminent threat of going down.
    Advertisement

His reputation as the Red Adair of the Premier League is based on a few rescues rather than a long history. "

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    *cough*

"Allardyce arrived with that well-worn label of “never being relegated from the Premier League” but in truth he has only rescued a few teams from impending relegation: Sunderland last year, Blackburn in 2008-09 and Bolton in their first couple of years in the division. In almost 20 years of Premier League management, the majority of his clubs have been comfortably mid-table and not under imminent threat of going down.
    Advertisement

His reputation as the Red Adair of the Premier League is based on a few rescues rather than a long history. "
    Yeah, the point is that, if Big Sam is your manager and yet, despite this, your club is in relegation trouble, there's no point sacking him because he himself would be exactly the man you would be looking for to get you back on track.

Just like Wenger and finishing in the top four; if you're Liverpool, Everton or Spurs, you'd want a manager like Wenger.