Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats Arsenal....

Congrats Arsenal....

....for making the Cup Quarter Finals and currently sitting in a top four place in the Premier League.

To honour this a Facebook page Football Cities has their city of the week as London North. Feel free to view this and also the associated website www.footballcities.co.uk which is a site raising charity money to help deprived children into sport, especially football. (No money is being asked from football fans).

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy View Post
    ....for making the Cup Quarter Finals and currently sitting in a top four place in the Premier League.

To honour this a Facebook page Football Cities has their city of the week as London North. Feel free to view this and also the associated website www.footballcities.co.uk which is a site raising charity money to help deprived children into sport, especially football. (No money is being asked from football fans).
    Are you Arsene Wenger?

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy View Post

Thank-you, Cityguy. Good site. Can I offer a correction?

Your site says:
    http://www.footballcities.co.uk/london-north/4589277698

"Underground:
    There are six tube stations in Islington located on following lines: Piccadilly Line:- Arsenal, Holloway Road and Caledonian Road. Victoria Line:- Highbury and Islington. Northern Line:- Angel. "

There are, of course, ten tube stations in Islington. Ten. The other four being Finsbury Park on the Victoria and Picadilly lines, and Archway, Tufnell Park and Old Street on the Northern Line. Although you probably won't be using Old Street for watching The Arsenal it might come in handy if you want to visit a hipster cereal cafe in Shoreditch and pay £4.50 for a bowl of cornflakes.

Nice picture from Highgate Cemetery, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Thank-you, Cityguy. Good site. Can I offer a correction?

Your site says:
    http://www.footballcities.co.uk/london-north/4589277698

"Underground:
    There are six tube stations in Islington located on following lines: Piccadilly Line:- Arsenal, Holloway Road and Caledonian Road. Victoria Line:- Highbury and Islington. Northern Line:- Angel. "

There are, of course, ten tube stations in Islington. Ten. The other four being Finsbury Park on the Victoria and Picadilly lines, and Archway, Tufnell Park and Old Street on the Northern Line. Although you probably won't be using Old Street for watching The Arsenal it might come in handy if you want to visit a hipster cereal cafe in Shoreditch and pay £4.50 for a bowl of cornflakes.

Nice picture from Highgate Cemetery, btw.

To be fair the Cityguy has stated there are 6 tube stations in Islington and then appears to have gone on and only named 5 of them.

Shoddy.

Taxis:

Half a dozen taxi firms operate within the Borough.

Last edited by SWv2; 02-23-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To be fair the Cityguy has stated there are 6 tube stations in Islington and then appears to have gone on and only named 5 of them.

Shoddy.

Taxis:

Half a dozen taxi firms operate within the Borough.

Of course. I can't count either. The 10th is Farringdon. Useful for getting to and from Wembley on the Met line for cup finals.

How many tube stations in Islington was one of my old quiz questions on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Which tube station can you not reach on foot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Is it 10, p

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Is it 10, p
    11 if you count unused ones la...city road
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Which tube station can you not reach on foot?
    Mudchute

I know that probably isn't right but I just wanted to write Mudchute